FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this hissing noise that starts and stops intermittently. No real rhythm to it, and no attachment to any particular action like hitting the brakes or anything like that. Just happened to notice it when i was sitting in my car after i started it with the driver's door open. It's is easiest for me to hear with my head near the left rear wheel well. I don't know if its the fuel pump or what, but nothing is leaking from anywhere and it just bugs me that i don' t know what it is. I have a 2006 Fusion SE I4. Anyone with an idea let me know, it would be appreciated.

Anyone who thinks their car doesn't do it, make sure you go stick your head around and listen, because i just noticed it and i don't know how long its been going on.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=RymanH24 link=topic=81620.msg1520051#msg1520051 date=1182914020]
Fuel pump.
[/quote]

+1 my car has started to make that sound and it's definitely the fuel pump on my car.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=81620.msg1521355#msg1521355 date=1182966656]
My suggestion is don't start the car with the driver's door open and the noise will go away. :lol:
[/quote]

LOL. But seriously folks, what could the noise be if it isn't the fuel pump? If it is the fuel pump, is the noise "normal"? Is this noise just found on the I4?

·
Registered
702 Posts
normal for fords, well i think many other brands to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well thanks for the replies people, i have been a lurker on this board for a long time, always appreciate the information though. Lets just hope it is the fuel pump making some commotion.

·
Registered
817 Posts
[quote author=kwebb10 link=topic=81620.msg1525535#msg1525535 date=1183070630]
well thanks for the replies people, i have been a lurker on this board for a long time, always appreciate the information though. Lets just hope it is the fuel pump making some commotion.
[/quote]
I haven't noticed this hissing sound on our V6 2007 SEL AWD Fusion. I would take it to the dealer for a final verdict. Welcome to the forum, KWebb10.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My fusion didn't start making that sound until after about 10k miles. I don't hear it all the time but it's definitely the fuel pump. Oh and it's usually loader when it's cold. My Lincoln town car made the same sound and so does my brothers f150. My dad's suburban makes a sound similar sound but at a different pitch.

·
Registered
613 Posts
[quote author=mechanicboy18 link=topic=81620.msg1525724#msg1525724 date=1183073955]
My fusion didn't start making that sound until after about 10k miles. I don't hear it all the time but it's definitely the fuel pump. Oh and it's usually loader when it's cold. My Lincoln town car made the same sound and so does my brothers f150. My dad's suburban makes a sound similar sound but at a different pitch.
[/quote]

Is the suburban's more aggressive? sound clips? jk :)

Yeah, this is a normal annoyance. But its good that your keeping your eye out(ears in this case) for potential problems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mine has done it since day one. The dealer thought the pump was bad. The Fuel module was replaced (I had to deal with gas smell for a week) and the noise was still present. So I take that it is normal.

Alex

1 - 11 of 11 Posts