FordFusionClub.com banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
How about a flask? Sees classier thatn the plastic Jesus.....

If you remember that song, your not a youngster anymore!

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=fordktpjoe link=topic=38749.msg636054#msg636054 date=1143521942]
oh GREAT... now that my wife heard this...mine has become a container for baby wipes. :shock:
[/quote]

Hahah.. Wooped :loco:

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote author=fordktpjoe link=topic=38749.msg636238#msg636238 date=1143535421]
Yep, whooped and loving every minute of it! LOL :klavergreg:
[/quote]

I hear that man.
:)

·
Registered
580 Posts
[quote author=FordTech link=topic=38749.msg586004#msg586004 date=1140321278]
I just happened to look at the parts catalog at work and it calls it a "passenger glove compartment".
[/quote]

FordTech wins the prize. I was thumbing through the Workshop Manual Volume One and on page 412-01-28, item #2 has a description of " Glove Compartment Storage Bin " :klavergreg:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'll bet they put it there to screw withour minds and get us all excited and have something to post in our forums.

Naughty, naughty Ford

·
Registered
610 Posts
I love Plastic Jesus. Gary, an old folk-type of singer, used to sing that song in the bars around Michigan Tech in the Upper Peninsula (Houghton) Michigan. I miss Gary...

[quote author=WCF link=topic=38749.msg619862#msg619862 date=1142468780]
How about a flask?  Sees classier thatn the plastic Jesus.....

If you remember that song, your not a youngster anymore!
[/quote]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone with a '07, did Ford keep that extra slot to the right in the glove box compartment? Since the car manual doesn't fit, wounder what it's for?

·
Registered
9 Posts
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=38749.msg568592#msg568592 date=1139150483]
When did they stop putting locks on the glove box?

My Focus did not have one either. Is it a Ford thing?
[/quote]
Ford Motor have been doing what that call decontenting vehicles for years now. They started with small items. Driver's side visor mirrors, break away side view mirrors, key hole on the passenger door, light under the hood, glove box light, glove box lock and not sure if many of you noticed but they are making key hole on trunks a thing of the past. Ford says it is something that the consumer would not notice or care about.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It is not a Ford thing, I feel that it is two things.

One reason is that these are things that people are either not concerned with anymore or do not care about anymore.

The second reason is for cost saving measures.

·
Registered
148 Posts
its tacky once someone gets in your car getting in ur glove box should be eh anyways, those wernt safes, as far as removing stuff? i think its just what ppl want and tech, now with keyless entry they dont need keyholes on every door or even one on the trunk,

i 100% believe ford hasnt cut anything remotely useful on a car to save cost. its to make the car have a better appeal and they have been doing it now because better tech.

They started with small items. Driver's side visor mirrors, (my fusion has one but eh)
break away side view mirrors, (dont care)
key hole on the passenger door, (key less entry so you dont need, only need drivers door in case battery dies)
light under the hood, (that light has never been adequate for me to work on my car with and i think my fusion has one but eh its small so who cares)
glove box light, (now this is one thing u win on, where is my glove box light!!!)
glove box lock (see point above)
key hole on trunks a thing of the past. (i WISH my fusion didnt even have this i will NEVER use it, good thing its small and barely noticeable)

·
Registered
8 Posts
[quote author=JAVELINMAN link=topic=38749.msg568542#msg568542 date=1139140724]
YA, Why is'nt there a glovebox light???
CD cases don't fit in the slot... 8)
[/quote]

Only the Zephyr/MKZ got the glove box light.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The "Storage Bin" actually came-about as a design faux pas/afterthought. Other Ford models have the ECM located behind the passenger kick panel. The new platform locates the ECM up higher behind the dash panel. Hence, there needed to be an access panel to get to it for service purposes. The original plan was to just install a plastic snap-in panel over the hole ... then someone brainstormed the idea and came up with the notion of installing an "auxillary" compartment for WHATEVER! ... they called it the "Glove Compartment Storage Bin" as someone previously noted.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts