FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Owners manual doesn't fit, even by itself, outside the zippy case! :?

Tried maps, they don't fit either. :?

Too big for just a flash light. :?

Too small for an umbrella :?

I decided to store napkins in there, and maybe one of those automotove tissue boxes will fit.

[hr]

Here is another puzzler ..

Why is there no glove box light, yet the manual calls out a 194 for the glove box light?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Until someone finds out what its really for .. I'm gonna just guess this is evidence of Ford rushing a car into production. Someone probably goofed someplace. I'm betting it was supposed to be for the owners manual.

Someone once said about his Rx8 .. "Everything about the car is engineered, has a purpose, a design method that fits into the car's function." Not sure the fusion is saying that to me yet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote author=Hitman link=topic=38749.msg573329#msg573329 date=1139440947]
Here's a crazy guess:

Gloves?
[/quote]

A friend of mine suggested that but I dismissed that outright .. its too far away from the driver .. if it was on the left side of the compartment .. _maybe_ .. but .. you'll almost pull a muscle getting them out from where its positioned now. :)

Could be though .. just not in my top 10 list of possibilities! :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote author=bartman1 link=topic=38749.msg596735#msg596735 date=1141061879]
It's for my iPod when they release the AUX kit for my Fusion!
[/quote]

I like that idea the best of all!
(1) Doesn't tie up the glove box,
(2) Doesn't tiie up the center compartment
(3) Won't require any drilling as there is already a whole in the top of that compartment
(4) Won't bake your ipod like the center compartment will
(5) its just a GREAT idea :goodjob: :goodjob:

... Assuming they come up with the device to let you control the ipod with the steering wheel :(

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote author=TheRussian link=topic=38749.msg616775#msg616775 date=1142299525]
I keep my cologne is there 8)
Would be alot better in that lil space was made to the left of the glove compartment rather than to the right of it...
[/quote]

Yes, if it was for everyday driver storage. I still maintain based on its size that it was supposed to be for the manual. Someone(s) screwed it up.

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote author=ILikeFordsToo link=topic=38749.msg618194#msg618194 date=1142382387]
perhaps its for maps?
[/quote]

Maps don't fit either .. its really small .. A few CD cases is about as much as you can get in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.