FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When I open the Glove Compartment (more like a bin) on the Fusion there is a rectanglar slot to the right of the bin. It is covered up by the glove compartment door. The slot runs deep into the instrument panel and it feels like it partly opens into the instrument panel interior on the left side of the slot. I looked in the owners manual and did not find a mention of it. I thought it was storage for the owners manual but it does not fit.

73 Eric

·
Registered
377 Posts
Funny you mention that compartment, I found that compartment today also and I wonder if it is for a very small umbrella or most likely a flashlight. Hopefully someone can help us here. :thinking: :?:

·
Registered
377 Posts
:lmao: :chuckles: I love that skid on SNL.

That comedy line on SNL, "You put your weed in there" is priceless. Some of the best shows were in the early 90's.

Thanks for the laught Showtime. :exnbpup:

·
Registered
325 Posts
That is an awesome questions that I also have. I have been unable to put my manual or umbrella in there.

It looks like it has a designed purpose????

·
Registered
45 Posts
[quote author=Showtime link=topic=38749.msg561931#msg561931 date=1138667301]
"You put your weed in it"

I have no clue, this is what first popped into my head.
[/quote]

that's where I put mine!! (j/k)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Owners manual doesn't fit, even by itself, outside the zippy case! :?

Tried maps, they don't fit either. :?

Too big for just a flash light. :?

Too small for an umbrella :?

I decided to store napkins in there, and maybe one of those automotove tissue boxes will fit.

[hr]

Here is another puzzler ..

Why is there no glove box light, yet the manual calls out a 194 for the glove box light?

·
Registered
377 Posts
[quote author=captainhook link=topic=38749.msg568592#msg568592 date=1139150483]
When did they stop putting locks on the glove box?

My Focus did not have one either. Is it a Ford thing?
[/quote]

Guess Ford though we are living in better times. :dunno: :exnbpup:

Guess it saves Ford money, to give you such a competitive price. "probably". :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Until someone finds out what its really for .. I'm gonna just guess this is evidence of Ford rushing a car into production. Someone probably goofed someplace. I'm betting it was supposed to be for the owners manual.

Someone once said about his Rx8 .. "Everything about the car is engineered, has a purpose, a design method that fits into the car's function." Not sure the fusion is saying that to me yet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote author=Hitman link=topic=38749.msg573329#msg573329 date=1139440947]
Here's a crazy guess:

Gloves?
[/quote]

A friend of mine suggested that but I dismissed that outright .. its too far away from the driver .. if it was on the left side of the compartment .. _maybe_ .. but .. you'll almost pull a muscle getting them out from where its positioned now. :)

Could be though .. just not in my top 10 list of possibilities! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, after reading all the posts, and finding all the things that do not fit, I sat down and came up with the answer..................................GLOVES! Yes. I actuall do carry gloves in the glove box, and as they as flexible, compressable, etc, they fit pretty nicely here in the odd little "glove box slot." :lol:

·
Registered
325 Posts
That is actually were I am going to relocate my gloves to. They currently reside in the pocket in the drivers door, but I can still see them there.

Out of site, out of mind...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow, I never noticed that slot either.  But now that I know it's there, I went out and found some things that it can be used for.
1.It holds 5 CD covers with no problem, they fit perfect.
2.It holds 2 PB&J sandwiches, though I would not recommend storing them in there as I would forget where I put my lunch.
3.It holds a Pair of Gloves very nicely, fits like a GLOVE.
4.It's a Great little place to Hide Your Check book.
5.Since my wife doesn't know it's there, I'm now Hiding all my Money in there.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts