FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This showed up at the Ford Fusion configurator over at www.forddirect.com
"Ford is considering the following features for future model years of the Fusion. These features will not be available for the 2006 Model Year. To help us gauge interest in these features, please select the options you would add to your Fusion if they were available at the listed price.
All-Wheel Drive $1,790.00
Manual Transmission with V6 Engine
Satellite Radio $260.00
Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Integration $290.00
Electronic Stability Control $480.00
Navigation System (DVD-based) $2,000.00
Audio Input Plug for Portable Music Player $50.00
500 Watt Audio System - AM/FM Stereo w/in-dash CDx6, MP3 and 8 Speakers $700.00
18" Chromed Aluminum Wheels $830.00
Rear Spoiler $320"

Seems like they've been listening to foums like these and are trying to get a better grip on the real potential for these options. I'd take the V6 manual and stability control. But the price for AWD is too high and it would likely impact fuel economy.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Personally, AWD I'd definitely consider, MTX with a V6 is a must as far as I'm concerned. Satellite... meh, that's one of those options that they could probably have as a dealer installable accessory, I'd think. BT is kinda cool, but I can't imagine that in the market that this car is in there's THAT much demand.

Basically, everything onthat list is cool and will appeal to some people. The wheels are the least attractive thing on it, IMHO.

Oh, and instead of a simple audio input I'd much prefer an iPod input (for full control).

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I like the way they setup the list. I agree with all of it. For me I would have to have the AWD if its full time AWD or at least adjustable with a sport, snow, economy settings. Not like the mazdaspeed version that is only 100/0 until you slip. BAh!! I would like if they had an HID option. 5 or 6 speed manual is a MUST! Can't stand a boring, put me to sleep, lazy americanize automatic trans. A more powerful V6 or a turbo charged motor from the Mazdaspeed 6. LSD is also needed for the FWD manual models. Damn this car is growing on me. If it is avalible in AWD. I will say screw the RX-mazdaspeed6 and go with this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed that they made the options more appealing by lowering the base price of the car. You can now get a base model in under $18K and load in quite a few options and stay under $20k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems like they've been listening to foums like these and are trying to get a better grip on the real potential for these options
That's a safe assumption. Other than the iPod plug mentioned above, any other suggestions?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: "What If" Features Listed at "Build a Fusion&

My only problem is that the resale isn't going to be there. If you look at resale numbers for the Focus vs. the Protege, it is pretty sad. I like to turn my cars around every 3 years or so, and resale is fairly important to me. This is where I think that Mazda can shine. Not to mention the upgraded interior in the 6, I believe it will make it more competitive.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

Well Ford is trying to keep there new cars out of the mainstream of Fleet sales now. That should keep the resale value up. (fingers crossed) :)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

AMEN Brotha! No more of this wacky FWD crap. Cost to much to fix if something breaks down the road after your warranty is over anyway. Wish they would get back to all RWD cars and do some AWD models.

·
Registered
63 Posts

Having actually driven the V6 model Zephyr and being impressed with the power it had(I was really expecting to be dissapointed), I have to vote for the Manual over anything else. The 6 speed auto actually is pretty nice guys but a manual would REALLY make the car seem sporty.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

[quote author=MJH/SMS link=topic=23669.msg360398#msg360398 date=1123047270]
Having actually driven the V6 model Zephyr and being impressed with the power it had(I was really expecting to be dissapointed), I have to vote for the Manual over anything else. The 6 speed auto actually is pretty nice guys but a manual would REALLY make the car seem sporty.
[/quote]

Can you give us some more info ( the Scoup) on the handling of the car? 

·
Registered
7 Posts

I'll be ready to buy a car in 2 years.  The Volvo S40 T5 AWD is on my short list.  If the Fusion was offered with AWD and MT V6, I'd go with the Fusion over the S40.  Otherwise, a Subaru Legacy GT is the only other car that has that package that I like -- competitvely priced, as well.  (I never consider Audis.)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts

I'm with you Arthur. A nice V6 with AWD and manual will be great. If I can't get that. It will be either the Mazdaspeed6 or the Subaru GT.

·
Registered
1 Posts

AWD, 50:50 would be kick ass. I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a Twinkie.
Stability Control Would be pretty cool to. Would have to have some way to disable it for me to want it though.
The audio input and uprgraded stereo would be good stuff.
Definatly needs a spoiler option.

·
Registered
288 Posts

[quote author=Arthur link=topic=23669.msg384768#msg384768 date=1125068939]
I'll be ready to buy a car in 2 years.  The Volvo S40 T5 AWD is on my short list.  If the Fusion was offered with AWD and MT V6, I'd go with the Fusion over the S40.  Otherwise, a Subaru Legacy GT is the only other car that has that package that I like -- competitvely priced, as well.  (I never consider Audis.)
[/quote]
Arthur,
The Volvo S40 T5 AWD and the Fusion are two different animals... One starts at $39 000 CDN, with a few options its over $50 000 CDN. I would think if you added everything on the list of the Fusion's possibilities I can't see it topping $43 000 CDN. The biggest problem with what Volvo has done with the S40 T5 AWD is that they priced it out of its competition. In talking to several people that were seriously looking into the S40 T5 AWD, (myself included) they ended up deciding on the S60 instead... bigger car and cheaper in the end.

I think if they add all these goodies the Fusion will be able to compete with the MAZDA 6 Speed at best.

·
Registered
132 Posts

[quote author=SomeDude451 link=topic=23669.msg637298#msg637298 date=1143577957]
AWD, 50:50 would be kick ass. I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a Twinkie.
Stability Control Would be pretty cool to. Would have to have some way to disable it for me to want it though.
The audio input and uprgraded stereo would be good stuff.
Definatly needs a spoiler option.
[/quote]

50:50 would SUCK.

If the SVT fusion would come out. It should have this..

Eaton blown 3L Duratec - 280 Horsepower/ 320lbs of torque
6Spd Auto with a 3000rpm stall  :D
18" Wheels
20/80 Torque split Awd system

With those options it would run mid 12's off the showroom floor. They should let me work for ford. I'd design cars people would LOVE.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts