FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may or may not know, Flipped Holey and I have been working on an entirely new software package for the forums, that'll be deployed (most likely) in the next few weeks.

Once our beta test site is up, we'll give you the link to check it out.

What features do you most want to see in it, that we don't currently have?

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
PMing at least 5 people at a time would be nice, I understand why we can't b/c of spamming or something like that, but for meet setups it would be nice to be able to PM a few members at one time rather than having to send out one at a time and waiting however long in between pms to be able to send the next

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
csweeney said:
PMing at least 5 people at a time would be nice, I understand why we can't b/c of spamming or something like that, but for meet setups it would be nice to be able to PM a few members at one time rather than having to send out one at a time and waiting however long in between pms to be able to send the next
You PM people to set up meets? Interesting... never done that before.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Frosty, Global Ignore is a mod function... let's keep it on user functions here (For those of you that are wondering what he meant... basically a ban... or at least, making everything they post invisible to all users... it isn't an option that would let you choose people you want to ignore).

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
You PM people to set up meets? Interesting... never done that before.
Yep. Partially to remind people about the meet and partially to pester more people to come. It's been pretty succesfull so far and people really don't mind it at all. On the 7 board I actually get email reminders about meets, which is really nice.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Eh? I think being able to send 5 pm's at once would be helpful.... i mean - if a member decides to spam, we can just nuke his/her account...

VBulletin allows up to 5 PM's per send... I thought the new board software would too?

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
How about a thread ignore? I'm SICK of seeing that "Is this the ambient temperature sensor" thread. It just won't die!!! haha

Also, I mentioned this before, how about a special icon for threads that you've posted in? Some other forums (not the same format as this) do it so I'm hoping the new software will allow that.

·
Registered
12,421 Posts

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unsend PM: I believe phpBB lets you do this if the person hasn't yet read it... no?
BuddyList: Not a bad idea. Probably will not be in the intial release of the new software, but we can look into it after that.
Thread bookmark: Also a good idea
Multibanner: Yeah, will definitely be doing this.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Heyas! I've got a couple of ideas with regards to searching...

How about search functions for searching for topics with posts since a certain date, or within a range of. I know there's currently a "view posts since last visit" but sometimes I login quickly 'cuz I have a PM and "lose" the list of posts for the next login, and have to scour the forums one-by-one to see what I missed. ;)

Also, when doing a search, perhaps jumping to the part of the page with the exact post in the thread that contains the keywords would be a nice feature. As it is at the moment, if I search for cargo+net I end up using my browers text search function to look for the words on each page of a topic, and often it isn't on the first page. Imagine if you wanted to find a specific word in the Ambient Temp Sensor thread? ;)

Oh, since I've gotten started on this, and I've had a couple o' chilled brews (Mmmm), I might as well request an exaxt-phrase search function! :D

And non-search related; an option to receive one daily (or nightly) notification of new posts in the threads you've subscribed to? I like the 'instant' notifications when I'm at home to receive them, but found they can become easily ignored when they build-up while I'm at work.

If this doesn't make sense, check back after happy-hour! It will all suddenly become clear .... :exnbpup:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.