FordFusionClub.com banner

What Drivetrain would you like in the Next Mercury Cougar Coupe?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would love to see the mercury cougar built on the mustang platform with nicer amenities, more plush inside. as well as hidden headlights beneath that classic toothy grin.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Back in the days of the Eliminator, my Cousin gave in to the temptation. This thing had a brutal 428 Cobra Jet Engine, with the Ram Air. He put a lot of people on the trailer, at the local Drag Strip.
Before this Cougar Eliminator, he had a 383 Dodge Coronet and he really thought the Dodge was fast until the Cat arrived.
If they do re-introduce this car, I hope they do it just like the Mustang. Don’t make it to modern but cap on that old nostalgia look.
I really would like to see Ford add independent suspension to the rear of both Cars.
Maybe they could supercharge the Cat and call it the 4.6 Super Cobra Jet with the Shaker Hood, again.
8)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
My best friend had a 2002 Cougar XR. Black with black/red leather interior, that thing was a beauty. Even if it was considered a "chick car" by some, they were still badass. I would love to see the new one have RWD and have it resemble an actual cougar. And by that I mean, people should be scared of it when they see it lol.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
i say a mid to rear based on the new 3l ecoboost or whatever. as a 2+2 sports coupe. that looks like a shrunk down ford capri...yeah....wait no!thats a horrible iidea

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I said AWD because they could really go to town then and give the Cougar the "import fighter" mission that the Mustang, as much as I love it, doesn't quite work for...

NefCanuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts