FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting a Pioneer AVIC-D3 next and I want to upgrade my door speakers. For the time being, this is all I want to do on the for the audio system. If I feel the need, I figure I can add a four-channel amp and a sub woofer later on.

Do you think this will be adequate? Obviously, I'd like to get quality component speakers for the front and back. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't have rear deck speakers. I read the speaker size thread and I'm a little confused about what speakers are in the doors and what will fit. So, recommendations for speakers and the sizes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=87121.msg1662993#msg1662993 date=1187837283]
I plan on getting a Pioneer AVIC-D3 next and I want to upgrade my door speakers. For the time being, this is all I want to do on the for the audio system. If I feel the need, I figure I can add a four-channel amp and a sub woofer later on.

Do you think this will be adequate? Obviously, I'd like to get quality component speakers for the front and back. Does anyone have any recommendations? I don't have rear deck speakers. I read the speaker size thread and I'm a little confused about what speakers are in the doors and what will fit. So, recommendations for speakers and the sizes would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi mrc! :wavey: Go to www.crutchfield.com. It is has one of the best and most comprehensive databases on what fits each model car. Follow the prompts to plug in the info for your Fusion, and you will get a complete list of what is in your car and what will fit with no modification, what will fit with minimum modification, etc, etc.

You don't need to buy from them if you don't want (although I highly recommend them), but you can use their online database to get a start on your search.

I can tell you that while their prices are not the rock bottom lowest, they are competitive. Also, they provide all the wiring harnesses, adapters, plugs, etc, that you will need to install yourself, along with comprehensive Installation Sheets. To top it off, their Customer Service (Free Lifetime Support), is unmatched in my experience.

Hope this information helps. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yo mrc,

The MB Quart speaker I have in my doors kick ass. Polk also makes some killer speakers. For my taste, there's nothing like a good sub. But a good component speaker will still give enough bass.

What's your price range?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=bassnutz link=topic=87121.msg1667518#msg1667518 date=1187990763]
Yo mrc,

The MB Quart speaker I have in my doors kick ass. Polk also makes some killer speakers. For my taste, there's nothing like a good sub. But a good component speaker will still give enough bass.

What's your price range?
[/quote]

Well, I was looking for around 1K initially. I want to get a double-din DVD and the Pioneer fits with that and the speaker upgrade. I'm sure for 1500, I could get an amp and the sub but like I said, I could always add them later. What about JL? One of the audio shops near me sells a lot of their stuff.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Matt,

JL Audio makes killer subs. My brother has a single JL in his Toyota Sequoia, and it sounds unbelievable. If I ever end up blowing my subs, I'll either get some JL's or some Boston's. Both make great subs. Until then, I'll keep rocking my Kappas.

https://www.onlinecarstereo.com have some really good deals. That's where I've bought most of my equipment.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe, thanks dude. I haven't heard you doing too much to your ride lately. Anything new?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sooner or later, (or when I have the extra money) I'll be adding more to my ride. Right now I'm in limbo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I second the Jl audio vote. Though I haven't done anyhting to the fusions audio system as I've only had it fore 3 weeks. I run JL TR 5x7's all the way around in my focus off an Alpine CDA-9835 (one of the best decks alpine ever made IMO) and they sound killer for 2-way coax speakers. The mids are simply stellar considering I run 33wx4rms deck power to them. They can be had for around a bill per pair on ebay. I of course have the doors fully matted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts