FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 20 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals.

I saw this thread on other forums and figured I should try it over here!

Today I installed my Steeda CAI and tune. I took it out in November because the wife and I were thinking of selling the Fusion for an F-150.

Well we traded her old focus for the truck and will be keeping the Sport!

It's a 2014 F-150 XTR 4x4 with the 5.0L

We love it!

·
Registered
378 Posts
I cleaned the windows and exterior lights of road salt. In the dead of a Midwestern winter, that's about all we CAN do.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
I.. drove my car today.

in the past 10 months I have put on 2,400 miles. It just sits in the driveway and looks good. Along side my truck, which I put less than 2k miles on it this year as well..

But hey, at least when I offload the fusion it’ll be like new!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right in guys!

I just put some mudflaps on the truck. I'll want to giv the fusion a bath but it's too cold out, oh well.. Interior is still freshly detailed.. About all that can be done in this weather.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Put LED bulbs in my puddle lights. Compared to my 2012 Ram with OEM led puddle lights.. these aftermarket bulbs I put in the fusion are twice as bright as the ram. Though.. hard to capture light output but here’s an idea.. eh.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
In line of the gopro..

I was thinking of picking up a few of these for my vehicles. A bit pricey at $400 a pop but in todays times..

I was going to opt for the setup with both a front/rear view camera but with my 5% on the fusion and 1% on the Durango - it’d be worthless at night time..

http://www.blackvueusa.com/DR500GW-HD.html

·
Registered
85 Posts
I cleaned the leather interior of my 2013 Ford Fusion. The seats looked clean, but after applying leatherique pristean clean and wiping it off, I could definitely see quiet a bit of dirt on the towel I was using.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In line of the gopro..

I was thinking of picking up a few of these for my vehicles. A bit pricey at $400 a pop but in todays times..

I was going to opt for the setup with both a front/rear view camera but with my 5% on the fusion and 1% on the Durango - it’d be worthless at night time..

http://www.blackvueusa.com/DR500GW-HD.html
That's pretty slick! I was amazed how much stupid driving I caught on my gopro when I had it up the other day. Even got some asshat cutting me off.

I cleaned the leather interior of my 2013 Ford Fusion. The seats looked clean, but after applying leatherique pristean clean and wiping it off, I could definitely see quiet a bit of dirt on the towel I was using.
Pretty crazy how much dirt and grime collects inside out cars! The beauty of leather, you can clean it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Made an appointment for mine to go into dealership this week for a blown speaker (driver door). Got a little over excited with new Arcade Fire album on the highway last week.

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
Today I...

moved my fusion, after sitting in the same spot for a week, from the street parking to the driveway. And moved the Durango to the street.

But I loved it.. that 45 seconds sitting in the car and hearing the sound system.. as stated above - the sound systems in these newer cars these days are quite good. I’m impressed with the Fusion sound system.

However I noticed better quality with Sirius vs FM radio. I pay for Sirius and when I swap to FM for traffic.. just sounds shitty.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'm always using the Jukebox so I never notice the sound quality difference.

I just drove to work and got some fuel, I do love the AWD with winter tires.. When we had a heavy snowfall this winter (over 30cm overnight) and then 100+km/h wind gusts made some pretty nasty drifts. The Sport took it like a champ! I didn't even get close to getting stuck while my neighbour managed to get his STi stuck pulling out of his driveway.

·
Registered
420 Posts
gotta love alberta winters, today i detailed mine, glass cleaner on all windows and inside of windshield. waterless car wax, vacuumed seats and floor mats, cleaned tires and shined tire and plastidipped rims, and had a nice drive to the grocery store letting the subs in the trunk massage my back for me haha

·
Registered
420 Posts
gotta love taking your car to a carwash and before washing see a nice new scratch from someone at a parking lot most likely nicking it, good thing its cleaning day and there are buffers!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice! Right now it's still too cold to wash the car but we should be a over freezing in a few days so I can give the Fusion a detail.

Interior stays pretty clean/freshly detailed it's just the exterior that drives me nuts!

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
You drive a fusion. I don't think anyone really cares if you have a scratch..

Anywho, due to thread bump I guess I'll post up.

Today I moved my car so I could get the trash can out from the corner. Looked at last time I got oil changed which was 8 months ago so made a reminder to have ford come pick the car up for a oil change.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i know how bad it gets out there with the road salt and shit haha, washing the outside of your car in alberta is synonymous with doing the snow dance haha. good thing its easy to get rid of small scratches, thats another reason why i dont really want to buy a brand new car because everyone always is fearful of that first scratch from the guy with the rust bucket parking too close haha

·
Banned
1,478 Posts
thats another reason why i dont really want to buy a brand new car because everyone always is fearful of that first scratch from the guy with the rust bucket parking too close haha
Not to call you out.. but I dont think you can afford a new car to begin with...

And not everyone is fearful.. otherwise who would you buy your used cars from if no one bought a new car? :screwy:

..ahhhh okay I got my dick in a half joke in today :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 527 Posts