FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving, which cars do you mistake for the Fusion at a quick glance ...

I find the Altima's curve are similar.
The front grille of the Chevy Optra sedan and wagon (not the HB)
The front grille of the Inifinity G35 sedab
The rear end of a Prelude (4th gen I think, early 90s)

·
Registered
204 Posts
From a distance, as I scan the road ahead, I often find the gleaming metal of the Altima makes me think Fusion. However, as I'm slowly starting to see more fusions on the road, I'm more easily differentialiting them.

I really think its just a lack of familiarity .. since what I see 90% of the time is the dash! :)

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have friends that say it reminds them of the Cadillac CTS. :screwy:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=47989.msg748458#msg748458 date=1149206601]
Of course there are always cars with some similarities, but the Fusion is relatively unique.
[/quote]

Well Put! :bowdown:

·
Registered
377 Posts
[quote author=MZ6ZoomZoom link=topic=47989.msg748458#msg748458 date=1149206601]
Of course there are always cars with some similarities, but the Fusion is relatively unique.
[/quote]

Have to agree, it is a unique design. But I have two people at work that like the car alot, say it reminds them of the Caddy CTS, but then they see the Blue Oval and remind them it is a Unique Ford. :D

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=47989.msg748268#msg748268 date=1149195721]
[/quote]

Ditto!

·
Registered
610 Posts
My friend Malgosia saw my car for the first time yesterday, and she commented that from the rear it reminded her of an Altima and from the front it resembled a CTS. And she is not all that into cars either so I was surprised that she even made such a comment. She said that she wanted to buy a Fusion, but earlier they were all out of Fusions and she would have had to wait 3 weeks...must have been last year???? So she purchased a used and loaded Grand Prix instead - not a bad choice I suppose. Used and loaded Grand Prix = same price as new Fusion. But she really likes my car :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
[quote author=Chris06Fusion link=topic=47989.msg748268#msg748268 date=1149195721]
[/quote]

Thats exactly what I think

·
Registered
195 Posts
Caddy CTS hands down....

·
Registered
297 Posts
1. CTS
2. Prelude.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've been noticing as of late that Chevy's redesigned Impala looks A LOT like our Fusion
especially the black
tail light shape the same, theirs looks like a Fusion modded to all red
spoiler looks like the '07 Fusion
wheels look similar
head lights resemble the Fusions (at a glance)

I really think there's more than it being coincidence, eh?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
[quote author=lammer link=topic=47989.msg1177651#msg1177651 date=1170203573]
I've been noticing as of late that Chevy's redesigned Impala looks A LOT like our Fusion
especially the black
tail light shape the same, theirs looks like a Fusion modded to all red
spoiler looks like the '07 Fusion
wheels look similar
head lights resemble the Fusions (at a glance)

I really think there's more than it being coincidence, eh?
[/quote]I was going to say the same thing. I was on the expressway next to a white one today -- and I was really looking at it. Looked very similar. Too bad in the Impala you can get an SS with the 303-hp V8 :(

·
Registered
817 Posts
[/quote]
+1

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.