FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't found a definitive answer to this, but what is the max weight our cars can tow? I have a 2010 sport with the 3.5
I have a 1400 lb pop up camper which i'm sure i can tow no problem, but I want a bigger camper in the near future and want to see what the weight limits are

Thanks

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
06Ffusion:
that link did not work.

i'm surprised the sport can't handle much more than 1000 lbs. guess i'll stick to just using a hitch mounted bicycle rack with the fusion, and get a a good used towing vehicle. right now we are using an 04 4 cylinder mitsubishi outlander to tow the pop up with no problems. i just can't tow anything bigger than a pop up with it. i'm near its towing limit.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
fusion towing is a no go!!! i have towed my jet boat and jet ski. the boat is the most i would tow!! the class 1 hitch is rated for 200lbs (toungue weight) i think. The boat tosses the car around on the highway and on the launch i un hook and have someone else drop it in. the jetski the fusion easily drops.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After reading this thread, I got curious about towing with the 2013 Fusion. In case anyone is interested, here's what I found for maximum trailer weight:
1.6L GTDI - 1000 lb
2.0L GTDI - 2000 lb
2.5L TiVCT - 1000 lb
I wasn't able to find the owner's manual online for the Hybrid, so I'm not sure if it is rated to tow anything.

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
Hi gang.:wavey: Just to make it perfectly clear to owners of 2006-2012 Fusions, MKZ's and Milans - it is not that Ford advises, recommends, advocates, talks about, speaks of, whispers etc. against towing with our cars. The fact is Ford specifically prohibits towing with our cars. No exceptions. Doing so can/will be dangerous, cause damage and lead to possible denied Warranty claims concerning powertrain, suspension or other related service issues.

That policy is clearly spelled out in our Owners Manual. Just look in the Index under "Towing" for the correct page for your particular model year/Owners Manual.

That being said, everyone is free to do what they like with their cars. However, that does not change Ford's policy concerning towing with our cars.

Good luck.:cheers:

·
Registered
105 Posts
After reading this thread, I got curious about towing with the 2013 Fusion. In case anyone is interested, here's what I found for maximum trailer weight:
1.6L GTDI - 1000 lb
2.0L GTDI - 2000 lb
2.5L TiVCT - 1000 lb
I wasn't able to find the owner's manual online for the Hybrid, so I'm not sure if it is rated to tow anything.
Haven't read cover to cover yet, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, So I have a 2016 ford fusion, not sure on the trim if anyone want to help me actually find that out, that'd be cool. I'm really just asking for a for sure answer on this, pretty much, "Do Not Tow A boat". I don't have the specs on the boat either... I'm assuming it's Like a boat to take to the lake if you feel me. I would appreciate it✌

·
Super Moderator
5,737 Posts
Hey guys, So I have a 2016 ford fusion, not sure on the trim if anyone want to help me actually find that out, that'd be cool. I'm really just asking for a for sure answer on this, pretty much, "Do Not Tow A boat". I don't have the specs on the boat either... I'm assuming it's Like a boat to take to the lake if you feel me. I would appreciate it✌
Hi E-lusive. Your Owners Manual states if/what you can tow. Check the Index under "Towing" for the correct pages in your particular copy.

If you do not have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts