FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a post about what brand oil is best but I want to narrow it down to my options.
I live about 2 miles from a Wal-Mart and they can change your oil with whatever brand they have. When I get my oil changed, I was thinking of going with Castrol GTX 5W-20. They also have Mobil 1, Mobil Clean 5000, Motorcraft and Pennzoil. They also have Valvoline, but not in 5W-20.
I was wondering what you think is best. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=ShiaMilan link=topic=83901.msg1574676#msg1574676 date=1185059145]
I know there is a post about what brand oil is best but I want to narrow it down to my options.
I live about 2 miles from a Wal-Mart and they can change your oil with whatever brand they have. When I get my oil changed, I was thinking of going with Castrol GTX 5W-20. They also have Mobil 1, Mobil Clean 5000, Motorcraft and Pennzoil. They also have Valvoline, but not in 5W-20.
I was wondering what you think is best. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]

Hi ShiaMilan. :wavey: I would use the Motorcraft. However,when it comes down to it, if you use any Major Brand oil that meets the Ford specs, you can't go wrong.

Good luck!. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have been using Mobil 1 for years in all my cars. I have never had any engine issues using it.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
The Motorcraft Synthetic blend is the factory fill on your car. It's a very good motor oil that has turned in a lot of good used oil analysis on many different cars. This is a very good motor oil. If you aren't going to go with a full synthetic oil like Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum, I would use the Motorcraft synthetic blend.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Mobile 1 Full Syn. for my baby. :klavergreg:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mobil 1 for me too, I tried royal purple and amsoil, but there was never any noticeable difference that I could tell, and the extra cost wasn't justified for me.

(SL8ER, I see you sportin the hawkeye's, did you go to school there? I just graduated from there 2 years ago)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=icstars989 link=topic=83901.msg1579610#msg1579610 date=1185243427]
Mobil 1 for me too, I tried royal purple and amsoil, but there was never any noticeable difference that I could tell, and the extra cost wasn't justified for me.

(SL8ER, I see you sportin the hawkeye's, did you go to school there? I just graduated from there 2 years ago)
[/quote]

I did not go there but lost of friends and family did. Most of the reason i put that plate on was for the color. Black and yellow look a lot better than the stock Iowa White and Blue plates. Plus my 10 year old is a huge Iowa fan and he wanted the plates on there :lol: Cannot say no.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Any API SM 5w20 (which meets Ford's spec) will do great for 5000 miles. Buy what's on sale. Stock up when AAP has BOGO sale on Pennzoil Platinum.

·
Registered
57 Posts
amsoil BABY

1 - 10 of 10 Posts