FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have done alot of searching, and still have not found a solid answer on this question, lol..

I have read my manual, and I see the certified jack points on the car, however, I am trying to find out if there is a possible way of safely lifting one end at a time (ie rear end, then front end).

I would like to get the car up on 4 jack stands so I can rotate my own wheels and not have to pay someone who could potentially mess up my baby. I could jack up the car on each of the jack points and place a stand under, but then where will the stand go (I have allready experienced the metal jack points bending when I use my floor jack).

Any information would be well appreciated, and just to say hello, My name is Chris, and I'm a proud owner of an '06 Fusion SEL V6 in Dune Pearl.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Heya anarchyx, welcome to the board. As for the floor jack, when I installed my Eibach springs I didn't do it end to end, I did it side to side. I only lifted one side at a time though so I'm not sure this will help get the whole thing up on stands, but the trick with the floor jack and the jack points was a soft piece of wood (2x4) as a pad. The body seam cut into the wood and didn't bend. I have also been told that there is a part that you can buy that serves the same purpose. It is slotted to fit the seam does the same thing as my improvisation. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that helps... is it okay to do the 2x4 anywhere along that seam? It would be nice if I could do it in the middle of the 2 certified jack points, and then at least I can drop 1 end at a time on the jackstands..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dunno bout that as I used the 2x4 trick real close to the jack points then put a jack stand at the jack point to take the weight. Someone else want to chime in here?

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=anarchyx link=topic=83804.msg1573371#msg1573371 date=1184980443]
Ok that helps... is it okay to do the 2x4 anywhere along that seam? It would be nice if I could do it in the middle of the 2 certified jack points, and then at least I can drop 1 end at a time on the jackstands..
[/quote]

Hi anarchyx. :wavey: If I am understanding your question correctly, do not place a jack stand or jack (two by four, insert, or not) in the middle of the rocker panel, between the two jack points on one side of the car (unless you want to take the chance of damaging your car)!

Do you have 4 jack stands? If you don't, go to a good Specialty Auto Parts Store and buy them. Also ask them for the inserts for the jack stands to allow you to use the stands on the seams just off (preferably closer to the wheel wells) the manufacture recommended jack points (two inches or so). Then jack the car up, one corner at a time, at the proper jacking points.

Or, just use two jack stands (with the proper inserts) at a time, on the same side, again each just off the front and back jacking points, and rotate two tires at a time.

Sometimes it pays to do things the right way.

Good luck! :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts