1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks! I am gonna check it out. I also have an I4 so any little bit helps with performance while keeping the gas mpg under control..

FusionGirlie

·
Registered
112 Posts
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=70750.msg1239846#msg1239846 date=1172708377]
that's a lot of cash for a pipe and a filter. :(
[/quote]
that's gonna add only about 5 horses.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=Total ConFUSION link=topic=70750.msg1239853#msg1239853 date=1172708499]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=70750.msg1239846#msg1239846 date=1172708377]
that's a lot of cash for a pipe and a filter. :(
[/quote]
that's gonna add only about 5 horses.
[/quote]

yep if it was $100 or less i would more than likely get one but not for $200 shipped.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
price down would be good, and I'd be more inclined to buy it if it was a K&N

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That might be true, but i'd never put a intake on that put the filter by the tire to get all kinds of debris in it. The only thing that makes it different then the cold air kit otherwise is that it's missing what, maybe 6 inches for tube for the emissions hosing. Yes, we agree(maybe, I'm not trying to put words in your mouths) that this should only be a $99.99 item because it's not complete.

One more thing, Can anyone tell me what this is? What's that white crap?

G

·
I remember someone posting about that before. It is some kind of filter. I can't remember what it filters, but the guy who posted about it removed it. And so far we haven't heard anything yet, so I am GUESSING it's ok to remove it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i have asked about it about 2 weeks ago, but i don't remember anyone responding, I want to remove it if it's safe, but don't know. I know even know if you can remove it. Maybe that's something i can do tomorrow. Cause it looks like it would cause all kinds of turbulence in there, but what do i know :eekcrazy:

EDIT: I didn't catch that you said that it was removed because i didn't remove any of my postings, so it couldn't have been me that did that post.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Well peeps. This is a short air intake and its a cold air intake. What makes a cold air intake is if the air entering the throttle is colder than if it was with the stock box, which it is and has been proven to be with datalogging. It doesn't have to be dragging a few inches off the ground sucking up dirt and water to be called a cold air intake. :wink:

As far as cleaning it you can use any cleaning kit to clean it and reoil it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does this include that K&N reoiling kits? Can you make a kit that uses the K&N filter? I just trust the brand and like the look. At least for me, when I look under the hood of someones car and see some funny color air filter i think cheap. I wouldn;t want that look if i was to spend that kind of money on a Intake.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
No, it does not include a reoiling kit.

I have added our reoiling kit to our Fusion website:

http://www.steedafusion.com/store/I...eeda-Air-Filter-Cleaner-Kit/product_info.html

K&N filters are red because they use a red oil on them. All filters start off as a cotton white color, then they take on the color of the oil used. We use a blue oil, because our logo is blue. If you want your filter to be red you can wash off the blue oil and reoil it with K&N filter cleaning kit.

Our filters are made with higher filtration tolerances so as to let less dirt and dust particles in, versus the K&N filers. K&N filters are also completely enclosed at the end. We have a secondary cone that goes inward at the end. This gives you greater filter surface area and greater air velocity. Which means more power than a K&N.

We also make our intakes from much higher quality materials than K&N. Our shield is stainless steel, our mass air meter is made from aircraft quality billet aluminum. It comes to us as a solid block of aluminum and we carve it into the shape you see. K&N filters are made from a cheap plastic that holds more heat in than aluminum. ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Larry, since for some reason I cant send messages, Ill ask here. Im probably going to get the intake from you guys, but had questions about the tuner. I see about how you can program up to 3 different tunes, are those preprogamed, or say if I was on a dyno, do I get the tuning software too so I can tune 1 or 2 tunes the way I want? Im pretty curious about the modifications and tuning that can be done for n/a motors. Ive got a few other tricks to try out besides the intake and exhaust. Ive built and tuned a few cars, so I wanna see what I can do with a 4 banger. My last car I built was an 85 mustang with a 32v 4.6, 76mm precision turbo with a megasquirt system that made 650hp, now too bad my fusion will never see it, lol

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Well, I for one am going to get the intake for my ride. I am really impressed with the acceleration that it has despite the fact that it is a 4 banger, so I can't wait to see the effects after I add the CAI.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ceace, it would be cool and appreciated if you let us know how that goes. Maybe some picks and videos as well ;) thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=70750.msg1242385#msg1242385 date=1172790148]
Well peeps. This is a short air intake and its a cold air intake. What makes a cold air intake is if the air entering the throttle is colder than if it was with the stock box, which it is and has been proven to be with datalogging. It doesn't have to be dragging a few inches off the ground sucking up dirt and water to be called a cold air intake. :wink:

[/quote]

it's not a cold air intake. the stock intake is a cold air intake. with this intake your allowing for the engine heat to be sucked up. this would at most be 2 hp gain and not worth 200 bucks

·
Registered
64 Posts
steeda has same kit for 2.3 st focus and they get 6hp to wheels I have had one nice pick up.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
[quote author=cedub69 link=topic=70750.msg1248282#msg1248282 date=1173051073]
[quote author=larryinfl link=topic=70750.msg1242385#msg1242385 date=1172790148]

[/quote]

this would at most be 2 hp gain
[/quote]

The last thing I want to do is debate something that we have proven on our inhouse dyno and years of experience working with 2.3L engines. Plain and simple we've gotten over 6 hp on our Focus with the 2.3L engine and more torque than that. You will see more on a modified vehicle. And we also recorded colder inlet air temps with this cold air kit than a stock air box thanks to the heat shield that separates the filter from the hot engine air and pulls the colder air of the driver side fender well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts