FordFusionClub.com banner

What wax will you use to make your Fusion Shine?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wow, it looks that Gold Class has jumped out into the lead with 3 of 3 votes:)

I started using it about a year ago and I have been impressed so far.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Meguiars Gold Class is the only car maintenance I use to wash and treat my vehicles. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
one word- OVERHYPED!

I'm so sick of hearing about Zaino......here's some smileys eating a horse. :dhorse:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Not that teflon crap!!!! Teflon can not adhere to a surface unless you follow it's instructions, which means the surface has to be headed to 600 degs. I also hope nobody here bought the "paint sealant" from the dealership, nothing but a scam. I've got to run so I can't go indepth I'll write more later.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
[quote author=Showtime link=topic=34494.msg566703#msg566703 date=1138986035]
Not that teflon crap!!!! Teflon can not adhere to a surface unless you follow it's instructions, which means the surface has to be headed to 600 degs. I also hope nobody here bought the "paint sealant" from the dealership, nothing but a scam. I've got to run so I can't go indepth I'll write more later.
[/quote]I didn't buy it, I was given some of the Vesco Paint Protection and I love that stuff. That was the first coat of wax I put on her, a great sealant for fresh paint. I then went around a day or two later with some NXT, while I am waiting for my Zaino.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Go here for your questions/answers on the paint sealant scam- http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=116 Teflon has ZERO effect on appearance and it can not bond to a surface unless it's applied at around 650 degrees. The sealant may have teflon in it, but there's no such thing as a teflon sealant. What you're buying with this is a warranty. Read the brochures/literature. They will say you are "protected" for 5 years but what's "protecting" you is a warranty. I read the marketing package that's given to dealers that sell this, it's nothing but how to scare customers into buying it. There wasn't one word about durability of the product.

Nano wax is pretty good, that and NXT are essentially the same thing. While they're both called waxes, they are sealants w/ fillers to hide swirls.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Here is another choice. These products were recommended to me by a local body shop. They are professional products and you may have to buy them from a professional auto paint store. This company has been in business since the early 1960s.
I used the ULTRACOAT POLISH first and after, I will apply XPress Wax that has Liquid Carnauba. I also have some Carnauba Creme Wax.
I have to admit that I am not as high tech as SHOWTIME. He has this stuff down to a science.
Sooner or later it all washes off. Some of it applies easer than others and some of it lasts longer than others.
One thing I can say for sure, Ford Paint generally has been excellent over the years. I have not had the same luck with the German Cars.
My cars set outside all the time and dead bugs and bird do seem to wipe off very easy.
This stuff is about $21.00 a gallon. :happysad:

Here some links.

http://www.pssales.com/products/polishes.html
http://www.pssales.com/products/waxes.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts