FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose I score a leather seat set, from salvage or from private seller, wherever.
Now, suppose my driver's seat breaks. I take it in to have it fixed at the dealer.
Do they look the leather and say "Uh, these are supposed to be fabric, no warranty!"
???

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=blood_donor link=topic=88827.msg1707529#msg1707529 date=1189564622]
Suppose I score a leather seat set, from salvage or from private seller, wherever.
Now, suppose my driver's seat breaks. I take it in to have it fixed at the dealer.
Do they look the leather and say "Uh, these are supposed to be fabric, no warranty!"
???
[/quote]

Hi blood_donor. :wavey: It depends on what part of your seat "breaks". If it is the motor for power seats, seat tracks, reclining mechanism, etc. (something not related to the change in seat coverings), you would most likely still have warranty coverage, since it would be unrelated to the seat cover change.

If you try to get warranty coverage for worn leather, or something that was obviously damaged when the seat covers were changed out, your warranty claim would most likely be denied. If the Dealer catches it (which they probably will), your warranty claim will be denied. And even if the Dealer does not catch it, Ford will very likely catch it when the Dealer submits the warranty claim for payment. Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule, but I wouldn't count on it.

Hope this information helps. Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
agreed.. only time you'd have a problem is if they had to remove the cover for say a lumbar, or cushion concern. I'd be willing to bet .. enless you are a frequent dealership visitor .. they'd never notice it's not supposed to be leather enless parts was looking up something for that particular area in your veh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts