Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid, 65k miles

Current battery

Batteries I am interested in

• Motorcraft BAGM-48H6-760
  • Cold cranking amps: 760
  • Warranty: 36-month free replacement, limited warranty of 100-months & unlimited mileage
  • ~$183ish - not so bad !!

• Would love an Optima battery, but they don't make one for my car.

Questions
  • Would an AMG be a big upgrade given that my current battery has 65k miles on it and a relatively small CCA of 590?
  • Why is the Motorcraft so much cheaper than the Odyssey? Is the Odyssey worth it?
  • Best place to purchase?
  • Normally, I'd purchase a battery locally from an auto parts store. They handle any warranty issues. What do I do if I have a battery issue under warranty? For the Motorcraft battery, can I just go to any Ford dealership?

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
2018 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid, 65k miles

Current battery

Batteries I am interested in

• Motorcraft BAGM-48H6-760
  • Cold cranking amps: 760
  • Warranty: 36-month free replacement, limited warranty of 100-months & unlimited mileage
  • ~$183ish - not so bad !!

• Would love an Optima battery, but they don't make one for my car.

Questions
  • Would an AMG be a big upgrade given that my current battery has 65k miles on it and a relatively small CCA of 590?
  • Why is the Motorcraft so much cheaper than the Odyssey? Is the Odyssey worth it?
  • Best place to purchase?
  • Normally, I'd purchase a battery locally from an auto parts store. They handle any warranty issues. What do I do if I have a battery issue under warranty? For the Motorcraft battery, can I just go to any Ford dealership?
Hi FF00. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Here is my opinion: Purchase the Motorcraft battery. There are usually coupons available on the Ford Owners website for the top of the line, Motorcraft Tested Tough Max battery @ ~$129. If you have warranty issues, you bring it back to a Ford or Lincoln Dealership.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts