FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I just want to put a black touch on the silver alloy stock rims I have, Any suggestions? to do it or not?

if so what kind of paint?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
407 Posts
Find a local place that does powder coating. It's more durable than paint. It'll cost you more to have done, but it will last you 10 times longer.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey LdeveL,

I have the appearance package which came with the 17's painted how you describe. The brochure gives the impression that the rims would be painted black but in all reality it is more like a greish silver. I think the black would look really good. If you were to do this job yourself, I would have to guess that you would have to remove the clearcoat that's on the rim first, lightly sand the areas you want to paint, prime it, paint it, and then put the clearcoat back on. Keep in mind that you definitely need something durable, otherwise the first rock that hits the wheel while driving is going to chip the paint. If you use black primer, any stone chips will be less noticable. Good luck with the project!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dont paint them, have them powder coated, it will look better and last a HELL of a lot more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts