FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complements of FFDA.

A Mexican rebel group known as the EPR(Ejército Popular Revolucionario) or Popular Revolutionary Army, claimed to be responsible for a series of pipeline bombings in Mexico. The natural gas pipe-lines that were attacked recently have effected facilities that Ford uses to build parts and vehicles. Ford is not alone, as GM, Chrysler, VW and Honda all have either halted or limited production in Mexico. The Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln MKZ are built in Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico. The facility was estimated to build over 300,000 vehicles this year, but now may fail to reach estimates, causing a delay in those waiting for their 2008 model or even parts.

·
Registered
910 Posts
That sucks. All I know is I hope this gets sorted out I hate violence even if its for good (it may or may not be I don't know) I hope and assume ford treats the workers in hermosillo well at least by mexican standards (if they treated them as well as they did american workers I imagine they would have built the cars here)

In fact they should just solve the problem and go back to making the cars here, I'd be willing to pay a small premium for it (1-2k maybe? I think thats what I heard they save by building there)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts