FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noob here looking at Fusion. My 02 Accord (and I'm guessing maybe all cars?) has VIN stickers visible on all door jambs, the hood, fenders, etc., so I've used this as one way to determine if a used car has had parts replaced. Does the Fusion have them as well?

·
Super Moderator
5,833 Posts
[quote author=cajun link=topic=139746.msg3011736#msg3011736 date=1237829617]
Noob here looking at Fusion. My 02 Accord (and I'm guessing maybe all cars?) has VIN stickers visible on all door jambs, the hood, fenders, etc., so I've used this as one way to determine if a used car has had parts replaced. Does the Fusion have them as well?
[/quote]

Hi cajun. :wavey: Yes, the Fusion does. By law all vehicles do. May not be in the exact same places as an Accord, but they are there.

Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dragging up an old thread...

I test drove a stick Fusion on a recent business trip (can't find a stick Fusion near here). I found VIN stickers in most of the places I expected, but couldn't find one on the front/rear bumper covers and trunk lid. Does anybody know where they should be? I like to use the stickers as a quick check to see if body parts have been replaced on a car.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mine are clearly visible on the bumper cover underneath the trunk lid where the trunk lid covers it, and underneath the trunk lid on the right side near the hydraulic lifters. That car may have been rear-ended and repaired.

·
Registered
366 Posts
[quote author=cajun link=topic=139746.msg3120365#msg3120365 date=1242222168]
Thanks. How about the front bumper cover sticker location?
[/quote]

I seem to remember it's just under the hood. These stickers are usually easy to spot. If you can't find them, it's probably because the body part has been replaced or the sticker was peeled off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Checking a car by VIN is the most reliable source of information about a car. I always order a vin number report from Vingurus when I buy a car because this is the best way to check the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts