FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find a cheap can of this stuff, i can only find it for about 23-25 bucks a can with shipping.

Also, I have leased my fusion, is there any way this product can come off so i can turn it into the dealer without the tint on it. Cause i don't think they would be very pleased with this stuff on, and also if it looks like crap, i wouldn't want it on there.
Thanks

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
[quote author=bfox57 link=topic=92220.msg1794955#msg1794955 date=1192829144]
Does anyone know where to find a cheap can of this stuff, i can only find it for about 23-25 bucks a can.

Also, I have leased my fusion, is there any way this product can come off so i can turn it into the dealer without the tint on it. Cause i don't think they would be very pleased with this stuff on, and also if it looks like crap, i wouldn't want it on there.
Thanks
[/quote]

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=VHT-SP999&N=700+115&autoview=sku

$12.95 + shipping per can.

Paint thinner, etc., should be able to get it off.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Removing VHT is not as easy as you'd think. I have removed it on an old set of taillights, and it took sanding them in order to get them down to nothing. And there's still traces of it on the outer edges of the taillights.

If it's something you want to do, just spend the $80/90 on a new set of taillights before you turn in your lease. Trust me, it would be much easier.

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
At those prices, just go with Rockblocker or Lamin-X film. It will be much easier to remove (if you wish to do so later). Application will be much easier also -- do not have to remove the complete light assembly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have heard of guy using the testors model paint tint. But I haven't used it myself.

As for removing the niteshades almost impossible unless you sand it off.

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.