FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a very sad thing while walking the parking lot at the Fort Wayne airport.

*gasp* *horror* *shock*

A red Ford Fusion sitting in Hertz parking spot spot #33 all ready for rental.

I sure hope its part of their new "Fun Collection" and not their up and coming fleet of rentals.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've seen a lot of Fusions as rentals here in D/FW. And, since Ford is part of Hertz, I'm sure they will have a lot of Fusions and Five Hundreds.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Say goodbye to resale! I saw a bunch down at Atlanta's airport when I was there in March. I've also been seeing a ton on the thruway, which usually means it's a rental. They should have kept the Taurus around for fleet sales. Ford's going to get a lot of people buying the Fusion that normally wouldn't buy a Ford. They're all going to feel burned when they go to trade them in in a couple years.

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Well, there was never any question of that - the Fusion was replacing the Taurus, and that means FLEETS. Heck, that's how my dad got his Milan - company fleet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ford does it so that when Hertz gets someone in one, they might like it enough to buy one. If they left the Taurus there, they aren't making as much money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Never fear. According to Ford's new Way Forward plan the resale values should hold up much better now than they have in the past because they supposedly are no longer going to be offering the massive discounts and rebates they have been known for in the past since their new lower MSRP is more in line with what it should be.

Now wether or not Ford lives up to this expectation remains to be seen. For me, after hearing them say they will not be offering the typical $2-3k+ discounts any more it made me feel a little better. But at the same time if they go back on their word I will go back to my Honda cars for all future purchases.

We get beat up enough on depreciation alone much less getting reamed because the manufacturer decides to slap huge discounts on close out models. Simply put, if a manufacturer offers a $1000 cash back offer or discount that is how much your car depreciates on top of typical depreciation amounts.

Why does Honda have such high resales? Well they never offer any rebates to the customer at best you get a favorable finance or lease offer. So it helps keep the value of the car up which in turn even helps the car manufacturer since residuals on leases are also much higher.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We will have to wait and see, but the recent heavy rebates and discounts to keep the mustang line moving after the inital fad wore off leaves me to think they'll buckle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
God for all our sakes I hope not.

As I said before, If i get screwed by them offering a huge rebate it will only assure I never by another vehicle from a company with total disregard to their earlier customer base.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts