FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in houston, and I'm going to a dealer recommended window tint place. They've tried twice and have not been able to tint the back window correctly... There's a field of dots all along the top of the glass, about two inches tall, and the tint raises above the dots leaving an inconsistent section of lighter appearance... It looks terrible in my opinion and results in the loss of quite a bit of refinement. I'm extremely dissapointed... I took the car over to a couple other tint places and no-one claims that they can do better.. It seems to me that the easy solution would be to sand the dots down. They claim they have done that, but we still have the problem... I don't know what else to do. The black interior gets pretty hot and the tint is a neccessity in Texas... I feel like I could throw up... :x :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes... There is a teflon dot matrix at the top and you cannot get the film to stick in between the dots...

·
Registered
24 Posts
i also have a mustang, and when i got the windows tinted, they used a vinyl strip across the back window to cover the black dots. looks great.. it's been almost 3 years and the vinyl still hasn't faded

-steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had the same problem with the mustang. the only thing to do is not tint that part. the top part of the mustang was dark enough not to notice when the tint stopped. i'm still waiting to tint my fusion. i just hope i can do the same thing as i did with the mustang.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My tinter put a dark strip, probably thin vinyl, across the top and it looks excellent.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Now I see what you guys meant. I picked up my new Fusion Thurs., and low and behold the back window looked like crap. Bubbles at the bottom, the issue with the dots at the top, and a crappy cut job around the center stop light.

So back to the dealer I go to have it taken off completely, and re-done. On a side note, a friend of mine tinted the windows on his CLK and he ran into the same issue with the raised dots.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mparrott - I too live in the Houston area and I had my windows tinted at Texan Tinters in Conroe. They tinted over the 'dots' and my back window came out fine. I also had a Mustang with the 'dots' and I had them re-tint the back window 3 times before I was satisfied with the job. TT's work comes with a lifetime warranty to boot for $135.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
All the tint jobs I have seen around here the guys stop at the black dots and it looks great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine's tinted over the black dots and I have not noticed any issues. But, I'll be checking reeeaaalll close tomorrow now....

·
Registered
217 Posts
got the windows on my 06 SE V6 Fusion tinted today, If anyone lives in the Orlando, Florida area go to MR. TINT in Sanford on 17-92, i have been to his place 3-times for previous vehicles, dose a great job. :lol:[flash=200,200][/flash]

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had my windows tinted Saturday and I asked them how they did the top part of the rear window and they said they wet sanded it, everything looks great.....20% all the way around.....my brother is a city cop and he was whining when he saw it lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
As far as the center brake light, they need to remove it. That is how they tinted my back window. Remove the bulb/wire connection then the housing just pops out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On my past 2 Mustangs, 1 place refused to go over the rear dots, & stopped where the dots started, looked OK, but was not really happy with it. On my 2nd Mustang ( current 04 GT ) went to a different place, a Mid-West chain, something like Allianz, I think, they went over the dots no problem & still looks great 3 yrs. later. Don't know if they sanded down the dots or not. 20% rear & 35% sides, legal limit .
All cars look better & are happier when properly tinted :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had the shop stop at the dots. After driving it a couple weeks, I decided to have them add the strip.
Here is what the vinyl strip looks like:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow. I am so happy with my Fusion. Mine came with free tint from the dealer. (yes it was free) And it looks awesome. It looks WAY better than any tint job I've ever had. I have to double check, but I think maybe they didn't cover those dots. (just like another poster's Mustang)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts