FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching high and low for an air filter, I could not find one. None of the parts stores, walmart, or kmart, sears, seemed to have the Fram or Purolator in stock for our cars yet. So yesterday while at the dealer I got one. I asked him how much he was going to rape me for it. After asking how much I had (the guy had a sense of humor), he said $22.22. I told him that was full MSRP and if I could get a discount of some kind. After hemming and hawing, he put in some wholesale code and ended up with $17.00. This is about what the purolator would have cost, so I got it. I know it's still a little high, but I didn't have to pay shipping charges for some of the discount parts websites. He was happy I paid with cash too. It'll go in this weekend. P.S. - the car has 34k miles on it, so it was time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Funny but true ! After I got my Milan the dealer sent me a $100 gift card to use in the parts dept. I ordered the rubber mat set for $69 and told him to fill out the rest of the $100 with air filters. He told me i could only have one and the second one would take me over the $100. I got one and some touch up paint :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lulz might as well get the steeda filter for $40.

That this is cleaned and oil-dipped, so ya never need to replace it.

It's not that exciting... but for a few extra HP and the knowledge that you're baby's breathing easier, I'd drop the bucks. If not simply for loyalty to Steeda!

But then again, I could just be a consumer whore.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since my car is a daily driver and I obviously drive a lot, I have chosen to stick with the mesh paper filters. A couple extra horsepower is not necessary for me and I don't want some oiled thing in there gunking things up and throwing off the mass air flow sensor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think it's TOTAL BS about ANY oiled filter giving you extra 5 HP, or whatever they claim extra HP. It just aint happin' Jethro. Plus, they seem like way more hassle than they are worth, you DO NOT want excess oil going into your MAS !!!

I agree with Cueball's post

I like Purolator filters myself, oil & air. I think they supply Ford MotorCraft.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I need to check mine I'm using a KN filter I paid 36 for but may put my stock filter back in to save money so I dont have to buy the oil stuff and put it on I do like the look and feel though of the kn filter those paper ones just arent that impressive

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just checked on FordDirectOnline.com for price on Motorcraft air and oil filters.

3.0 v6 air list $22.22 you pay $16.50 plus shipping.
3.0 v6 oil filter list $7.23 you pay $5.38 plus shipping.

2.3 i4 air list $ 24.42 you pay $18.13 plus shipping.
2.3 i4 oil filter $8.87 you pay $6.59 plus shipping.

I do not know what they charge for shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts