FordFusionClub.com banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
[quote author=Fusion4u link=topic=81692.msg1527380#msg1527380 date=1183134356]
Hi Iowaguy,

Sounds like you've decided already, hope you enjoy the Camry. It's a best selling car for a reason, resale value, fit and finish, and quality are always great things to have. To answer your question about the Fusion I4, I believe it's the same engine found in my wife's Mazda 3. The 2.3 pulls the Mazda quite well and from reading other forum discussions, Fusion I4 drivers are quite happy with their fuel mileage and overall performance especially when mated with the maual tranny.

Good luck with the deal!
[/quote]

Well, maybe you didn't read my posts yesterday. I drove the camry and it drove like it had no engine, much like the fusion I4, but I think the fusion was quicker and quieter. I'm sure the manual I4 would be funner, but still no match for the 3.0 when that's what I'm used to. I ended up making a deal on a new 2007 silver birch SE V6. Xplan price was $20600, I got $16500 for my trade- $500 more than nada guide. Granted I am a repeat customer and my fusion only had 7,000 miles and in new condition nearly. The camry's attention to detail was lacking and I came away from the experience scratching my head wondering why many think these cars are so much better than ford's and other domestics. The styling is right on imo for the SE camry, but the driving experience of the I4 is terrible. Now their V6 I haven't driven, but I'm sure it rocks as it has like 265 horse and is put in the Lexus I think.

Hi iowaguy,

Thanks for the update. You were correct, I didn't read your review of the test drive. I guess that is the salemans ploy to upgrade people to the V6. Congratulations on the new car. If you get a chance, post some pics for us.

Glad to keep you part of the family forum.

Happy driving

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Thanks alot guys. Well, I picked up the Fusion on Saturday. This car is so perfect as I've been around it with a fine tooth comb and cannot find one flaw anywhere. It wreaks of new car smell since it was just built on May 18th. The silver is elegant and easy to keep clean where the black was pretty and hard to keep clean. I think I like silver better also because it shows the car and its lines better instead of hiding them in the dark paint. This car has beautiful lines and I believe they need to be seen to be fully appreciated. I jacked the SEL fog light bezels off my "old" Fusion that I had bought. This time, I used masking tape to help with the install and did not put one mar in the plastic or paint. The factory left off a pulley cover on the right side of the engine I noticed when I raised the hood on the '07 during the test drive. I looked in my '06 and it had it there. So, I jacked that as well since either they deleted it for '07 or forgot to install it during production. It went on as it came off my '06. Not sure what pulley it covers, but it's a real small belt connected to 2 pulleys. The only option it has is the sirius satellite radio and it seems to be pretty cool. I do not like the external antenna- my '06 had the rear window antenna. The fixed roof antenna stands out, but I'll get use to it I'm sure. One thing I forgot to mention, is the area of metal under the trunk lid. It's not cleared and looks to be just paint. I guess I just never noticed this on my black one. The only noticeable difference between the two cars is the new one shifts better and is not so jerky when applying the throttle. The '06 seemed like it was either barely moving when applying throttle or it would act like it was being gunned. The driveability of the '07 is better just because of this. I'm a happy new owner. Love the color, satisfied with the quality, and glad I have the side curtain and seat mounted airbags. I hope to post up some pics soon. I also plan on getting some type of lip spoiler sometime.

yeah congrats on a second fusion! I'm hoping to get another one eventually so I can get some of the new features (sport appearance package etc)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.