FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just (2 weeks ago) an 06 Fusion. I have to tell ya i'm in love with this car. I sold my 01 Ford Ranger which got horrific gas mileage (15mpg). Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have driven the new Sonatas. We just recently bought one for my wife (Yes, I'm like that guy on that commercial riding the lawn mower saying Somebody help me, I'm in debt up to my eye balls). LOL!!! Again, Anyway, I really like that car too. The Fusion was bigger on the inside thats the only reason I got it. I would say that the quality is comparible. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congratulations on the Fusion. I had a rental Sonata last year and the ride was horrible on uneven(gravel roads, etc...) surfaces. I also thought it felt a little floaty on the highway. Maybe it was because it was a rental.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! Welcome also! I love that commercial you speak of. My car is the only debt I have but at 20k+ its a hefty debt. Anyway not a big fan of hyundais myself though they've improved and will continue to do so the only thing I like is the price on them. They indeed ride terribly and have a cheap feel to them. The little engines in them after awhile (80k) seem like they're gonna blow. Not much fun to drive either. And style? There isn't any. Trust me you'll get to love your fusion compared to the hyundai.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm all I can say is your right!!! Fusion qaulity starting to trump the sonata!!!! But still a good car (Minus the trips to the hyundai dealer) :(

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello JW,

Congratulations on the new rides, sounds like you are enjoying them a lot, minus the trips to the Hyundai dealership. I think that you are comaring an '06 Fusion to a (I'm guessing) '08 or '09 Hyundai is pretty good for the Fusion after 2-3 years of road experience. The Fusion to some degree is based on the last generation Mazda 6 which has really good fit & finish & quality of materials is pretty high. The Fusion's fit & finish is a bit weaker, and the quality of the materials is also a bit lower hence the cheaper price of the car itself. I always check out the Hyundai's at the car show and can see the constant improvment the compnay is making and the Sonata seems like a solid car but I think Hyundai's pricing is a bit too high. They are still trying to make a name for themselves in the business and undercutting the big dogs is a great way to do it. The new Genesis for example looks like a great car with lots of gadgets that BMW etc have, but for the money, I think I'll spend a bit more to buy the Lincoln. The important thing is that both of you are happy with the vehicles you've choosen and perhaps you can give us an update every now and then on how they are holding up.

Happy driving!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Congrats on the ride and welcome to the club! My wife also loves the Sonata but I just couldn't see myself parking a Hyundai in my driveway. :dunno: So, we got her an Audi instead, lol. I've driven quite a few Hyundia Sonata's and I think it's a great car. I prefer the previous gen's body style and the way it drove. I thought the V6 was a kick in the pants when you dropped the hammer. Even still, i just couldn't sign any papers for one. I think it's the stigma that they used to have hasn't worn off on me yet.

I love that Genesis though, sweet ride.

Enjoy that Fusion!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well........ We still have them both. I will NEVER buy another.......................................Hyundai. This car has 50k and feels like a 1986 Ford Ranger. It is so horrible. THe steering just feels weird when I drive it. it sounds like it going to blow up when it starts. A ford will be making its way into the wifes hands after this one!!

·
Registered
596 Posts
[quote author=Geist link=topic=78778.msg3194430#msg3194430 date=1245816247]
I've owned a couple of Hyundais and I have nothing but praise for them. The new Genesis is quite a car, I'd definitely consider one in the future. Love my Fusion though! Welcome to the club, btw.
[/quote]

Geist....I'm guessing you didn't see the date of this thread....LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts