FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have squeaky Eibach springs? Everytime I go over bumps I could hear a squeak noise. How do I solve the noise problem? Thanks. Well it wasn't the struts or shocks, it was the TSB 06-24-7 (Front Suspension Noise) that is causing the squeak over bumps. They ordered the parts and they will call me when they arrive.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Re: squeaky Eibach springs

Are you sure it is the springs?

·
Registered
75 Posts

check again. it is probably the shocks not the springs. mine does it too......

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Yeah, I had front end damage per my wreck and had the squeaking beforehand. Now maybe they'll take it seriously, especially if I tell them that I wasn't able to avoid hitting the curb because of my shock.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

[quote author=justguth link=topic=87484.msg1673695#msg1673695 date=1188270434]
check again. it is probably the shocks not the springs. mine does it too......
[/quote]

If the noise is coming from the shocks is there something like a lubricant that I could put on the shocks?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you may be better off getting new ones. I haven't heard of a lubricant for shocks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

[quote author=Ceace link=topic=87484.msg1677134#msg1677134 date=1188403533]
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but you may be better off getting new ones. I haven't heard of a lubricant for shocks.
[/quote]

So that means that the eibach springs are damaging my shocks?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=87484.msg1677196#msg1677196 date=1188406081]

[/quote]

Not necessarily.

However, you have to understand that by putting on lowering springs w/o upgraded or matching dampers, your dampers will wear out considerably faster than they would on the stock springs.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=87484.msg1677209#msg1677209 date=1188406430]
[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=87484.msg1677196#msg1677196 date=1188406081]

[/quote]

Not necessarily.

However, you have to understand that by putting on lowering springs w/o upgraded or matching dampers, your dampers will wear out considerably faster than they would on the stock springs.
[/quote]
So how does one get these dampers without shelling out big bucks. Are the specs and ratios to look for in a shock that won't destroy the budget or the ride?

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=87484.msg1677239#msg1677239 date=1188407586]

So how does one get these dampers without shelling out big bucks. Are the specs and ratios to look for in a shock that won't destroy the budget or the ride?
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I don't think any company makes them for the Fusion. I suggested that in the "suggestions" thread in the Steeda forum. Hopefully someday soon.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=87484.msg1677209#msg1677209 date=1188406430]

[/quote]

Not necessarily.

[/quote]

Huh!! There is more than half in here that have eibach or other springs, they seem not have any problems. I had my springs for about three months now. I would imaging alot of spring owners here would have it longer than mines and they would of been complaining by now.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=douglas307 link=topic=87484.msg1677413#msg1677413 date=1188412808]

Huh!! There is more than half in here that have eibach or other springs, they seem not have any problems. I had my springs for about three months now. I would imaging alot of spring owners here would have it longer than mines and they would of been complaining by now.
[/quote]

You don't have to believe me.

Ask anyone with experience in suspensions, though, and they'll tell you the same thing. Take a shock/strut, change the rate of the corresponding spring considerably, change the "normal" range of motion, increased change of bottoming out, etc. Hopefully you can put 2 + 2 together.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

I was told the same thing from my friend. However, I remember Larry saying that Steeda's were designed so that they would not create excess wear on the remaining stock suspension parts. Eibach's springs lower the Fusion 1.6", while Steeda's lower it 1.4". Does 0.2" really make that big of a difference? Probably. But I'm not claiming to be an expert.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=11011101 link=topic=87484.msg1677481#msg1677481 date=1188414798]
I was told the same thing from my friend. However, I remember Larry saying that Steeda's were designed so that they would not create access wear on the remaining stock suspension parts. Eibach's springs lower the Fusion 1.6", while Steeda's lower it 1.4". Does 0.2" really make that big of a difference? Probably. But I'm not claiming to be an expert.
[/quote]

Key word is "excess".

I'm not trying to be an alarmist, but playing with the ride height and spring rate will wear out your stock dampers faster. Some springs will be a little kinder to them, but still not as nice as stock :lol:

EDIT: I'm planning on buying the Steeda springs soon, so even I don't think it's THAT big of a deal. Just hoping that by the time I need to replace my dampers that some good aftermarket ones are out or I somehow I can talk the wife into me getting some H&R coilovers :) /threadjack

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Abbot - any reason why you decided to go with Steeda instead of Eibach? Just curious - for me, Eibachs are on the way and shipped today.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts

[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=87484.msg1679047#msg1679047 date=1188452285]
Abbot - any reason why you decided to go with Steeda instead of Eibach? Just curious - for me, Eibachs are on the way and shipped today.
[/quote]

In the end, I probably won't decide 100% until I pull the trigger :)

However, the Steeda doesn't lower the car as much and I've read here keeps a slightly more compliant ride than the Eibachs. That's a selling point to the wifey ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Mmmm....!! No comments from other eibach springs owners? :ugh:

·
Registered
148 Posts

Sorry, seem to have missed this thread... :) I have had my Eibachs on since about April and no squeeks here.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts

Abbot is right about aftermarket springs taking out stock struts. i also am no expert but have autocrossed and road raced for about 10 years now. At the begining i started out putting springs on the stock struts and normally within a year the struts are blown. after going with stock replacements one time i switched to Koni adjustables. not only for the performance aspect w/ adjustability but i was told and then found out that they are made for higher rate springs. I had Koni yellows on my neon for 3 years and never had one go out. But on the first year of the Mopar X-High rates springs on my KYB GR-2's they were gone within a year. That is when i made the switch to Koni yellows. I also am going to go with the Steeda Springs. I thing the progressive rate that they have will work better with the stock parts. With only a 1.4 inch drop vs. a 1.6 inch drop there is less of a chance of allignment issues and other problems.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts