FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've had my 07 Fusion SE I4 w/sport appearnce package for about a couple months now and only have 4000 KM on it.

However I've noticed that the feeling of the suspension has changed. When the car was brand new the suspension felt tight, had a sporty feel to it, while the road comfort was very good with minimal problems over bumps.

Recently though, for about the last 500 KM, I've noticed that the suspension is VERY stiff, to the point where I'm really feeling a lot of the bumps that I go over. It feels like there is very little give. While I perfer my suspension to be a bit more tight/sporty, this seems unusually stiff and the ride comfort has decreased.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,958 Posts
[quote author=ac12347 link=topic=78638.msg1438947#msg1438947 date=1180188482]
Hi. I've had my 07 Fusion SE I4 w/sport appearnce package for about a couple months now and only have 4000 KM on it.

However I've noticed that the feeling of the suspension has changed. When the car was brand new the suspension felt tight, had a sporty feel to it, while the road comfort was very good with minimal problems over bumps.

Recently though, for about the last 500 KM, I've noticed that the suspension is VERY stiff, to the point where I'm really feeling a lot of the bumps that I go over. It feels like there is very little give. While I perfer my suspension to be a bit more tight/sporty, this seems unusually stiff and the ride comfort has decreased.

Any thoughts on what the problem could be? Thanks
[/quote]

Hi ac12347. :D Have you had your tires checked, rotated, or any other tire work done lately? Any type of shop work done by someone other than yourself?

I have a feeling that perhaps someone overinflated your tires. Check them with a good quality air gauge, and let us know what the reading is. I believe the recommended pressure is about 33 PSI front and rear (it is 33 PSI for the MKZ). Your cars recommended pressure is listed on a sticker on the drivers door jamb.

Two to three PSI higher than the manufacturer's rating can give you better MPG, tire wear and handling, but you should go no higher than that (35-36 PSI).

Trust me, if your tire pressure is too high, your suspension can begin to feel as though it is made of granite.

Let us know what you find. Good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Excellent advice, BBF2530.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts