FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a local shop weld in a Magnaflow "universal muffler" recently and have since put 500 miles on it. It's satin stainless steel, (part #12225) that sells for $60. While I do like it, it's only a tad bit louder/deeper then stock. I was trying for a slighty louder/healthier sound. Thankfully there is no interior resonance at any speed. (I'm running the stock resonator.) Maybe the 2.5" (#12226) would sound better, I'd guess the cat back system definitely sounds better - I'd sure like to drive them all, one right after the other, and then decide. FYI: the build quality of the Magnaflow is excellent and it feels quite solid. 8)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Give it a little time to break in. Youll fine that it gets deeper and louder as you keep driving it. You made a great choice of brand, I use Magnaflow on everything now.

A 2.5" muffler wouldnt be any different at all than what you have now unless you change all the piping out to the same size. The only thing you could have done was drop to an 11" case, which would have made it a little bit louder.

But, like I said, give it a few thousand miles to let it "settle in", and if its still not enough for you, you can always play around with removing the stock resonator

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jaysen,

Sorry - no can do.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Cos, after reading your PM, I will add that the core diameter may make some level of difference in sound since the muffler is at the rear of the system. Im used the mufflers on trucks where they are in the middle of the system and followed by 5-10 feet of pipe.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Let me know how it sounds after a few thousand miles. I hate the way a 4 cyl sounds but if it is nothing more than a "tone" I might put one on. I had a set on my V8 SHO and removed the 3rd cat and resonator at the same time. When I first got it, it was quiet. After ~2000 miles it sounded like an indy car.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No pics. Single tip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts