FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Yeah, somebody posted about these before. Those guys are on crack if they think that sale price, much less the original price :shock: , is reasonable.

·
Registered
702 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Hey, they've gotta get back all those millions it must have taken for R&D :lol:

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
well I called today and inquired about the underdrive pulleys. If they dont fit, I can send them back. So i think I will be buying them for the zephyr in the next couple weeks. I'll also probably get my car retuned again and post the hp numbers.

·
Registered
840 Posts
changing your underdrive pulley will result in your air conditioning and other parifs not working correctly.

if you decide to do that, make sure you have a tuner to set your idle rpm to be like 400-500 higher so your AC runs right at stop lights.

its your accessory pulley, basically when you stop... your lights will dim, your radio will lose power and get lower in volume, your lights will dim.

its not worth it for a daily driver. by all means, dont bother.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=benit0 link=topic=90652.msg1759991#msg1759991 date=1191551856]
changing your underdrive pulley will result in your air conditioning and other parifs not working correctly.

if you decide to do that, make sure you have a tuner to set your idle rpm to be like 400-500 higher so your AC runs right at stop lights.

its your accessory pulley, basically when you stop... your lights will dim, your radio will lose power and get lower in volume, your lights will dim.

its not worth it for a daily driver. by all means, dont bother.
[/quote]

Yea, I had one on my previous car. That didnt happen. Im well aware of the potential negatives involved here.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Just ordered the pulley kit for the V6. Ill let you guys what happens after its on and retuned. Also gonna take it to the track.

p.s. its backordered so probably wont see them til november.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Again I know this is an older thread but what were the results? I was looking into getting them too for my car. Did you ever get them? Did they work? I don't have and don't plan on having any high draw electrical items (big thumping stereo) so I'm not too concerned about underdriving the the alternator just concerned about the water pump since it's hotter then heck here. I do mostly freeway driving.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
The results are that they never called me(it took them FOREVER to get them made and I only found out through a mazda forum they did). Also they have a history of bad customer service on the Mazda 6 forums. They actually stopped making one of the accesory pullies so you cant get the complete package anymore and lastly, I dont believe their crank pulley incorporates the Harmonic dampner our engine needs so that it wont blow up. Its fine up until you start to make around 250hp and then it really starts to put wear and tear on your engine. This is my daily and I need it to stay as reliable as possible so I decided to wait for underdrive pulleys designed specifically for our car that are 100% safe. Fluidampr and I believe Steeda(although they havent announced it) are working on some incorporating the dampner that should be out in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks- I already contacted Steeda and I was hoping their Focus pulley's would fit. Apparently not the case. I'm running out of things to do to the car. Seems aftermarket parts are slim pickings- I guess depending on how you want to set up your car. Mine is a daily driver too. I'll wait.

·
Registered
840 Posts
f2 header, suspension, and balance shaft delete are three things you should look into if you really want to do some performance mods.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I looked at F2's website b4 but correct me if I'm wrong- but the header eliminates the cat unless you guys are putting after market cats on. And if thats the case I have had nothing but bad news about aftermarket cats going bad sooner then normal. Balance shaft delete I thought I read good and bad about it. And suspension- still haven't had anyone come up with the blue Tokico's working correctly with the Eibach springs or not. I do know that using the stock shocks will cause premature wear. Also from what I gather most are doing front end alignments. Yeah these are easy quick mods, but I do want to lower the car. Still need to determine how long stock shocks are going to last. I'd like to know where to get the SAP shocks from. Sorry for getting off subject here. I am going to order the new generation Steeda intake and probably the 87 octane tune for it since I have a Ford Xcal2. Pm me if you want. Thanks....

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
[quote author=azfusion link=topic=90652.msg2289596#msg2289596 date=1210036024]
I looked at F2's website b4 but correct me if I'm wrong- but the header eliminates the cat unless you guys are putting after market cats on. And if thats the case I have had nothing but bad news about aftermarket cats going bad sooner then normal. Balance shaft delete I thought I read good and bad about it. And suspension- still haven't had anyone come up with the blue Tokico's working correctly with the Eibach springs or not. I do know that using the stock shocks will cause premature wear. Also from what I gather most are doing front end alignments. Yeah these are easy quick mods, but I do want to lower the car. Still need to determine how long stock shocks are going to last. I'd like to know where to get the SAP shocks from. Sorry for getting off subject here. I am going to order the new generation Steeda intake and probably the 87 octane tune for it since I have a Ford Xcal2. Pm me if you want. Thanks....
[/quote]

According to Steeda the Tokicos do fit and will be up on their site for sale shortly.

·
Registered
840 Posts
sweet. totally wrong thread, but none the less. you're my hero talisman... and i shall see you saturday!

·
Registered
840 Posts
[quote author=azfusion link=topic=90652.msg2289596#msg2289596 date=1210036024]
[/quote]

balance shaft is fine.... no one has issues with it for the most part. i have about 3 friends who have focus's w/ it out and they've been out for like... dunno 2 years / 30k miles no issues.

one of em took it out at 70 and his is at 150k now. sooo yeah. just depends i guess.

·
Registered
528 Posts
:!: I'll have to keep that in the back of my mind for a measly $23. It kind of looks like a PIA to drop the pan. Not trying to get off topic-whats with adding the extra quart and a half after doing that mod. I don't think I ever found a reason for that. And would it be best to buy the oil pan baffle?

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's becuase your are removing the balance shaft and it's a pretty big piece of metal. So there for you need to add more oil to fill the void. I believe that is the reason somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. Not to get off subject but "AZfusion" what part of AZ are you from I'm in Mesa.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Tucson

1 - 20 of 37 Posts