FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a couple more modifications today...I'll have some pics tomorrow. First mod was painting the brake calipers. My ride is black and I have chrome rims. I painted the calipers black. I debated whether or not to paint them a different color to set them off but my whole car is black, including the interior. In the end I stuck with the black and I think they turned out great.

The second mod was the Redline Tuning Quicklift kit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Ford-Fusion-Milan-Hood-Lift-ELITE-Gas-Strut-Shock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ42611QQihZ017QQitemZ270119928886QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

If any of you are on the fence about adding these to your hood, I'd recommend doing it. They are cool and the whole job including drilling the holes took me about an hour. I'd recommend having a friend help you to hold up the hood while you're drilling the lower holes and maybe hold the brackets while you rivet them. Other than that, it was a smooth install.

Like I said, I'll post some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts

I love my redline hood struts. It was a bit nerve racking drilling into the car.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chris, yeah, the only thing I don't like is that where the bracket is riveted to the frame, the metal right there gives because it isn't the thickest. You just have to make sure to ride it up rather than just opening it and letting it go. I could see that maybe putting too much stress on that bracket eventually if you aren't careful. With proper care, they will last a long time and they really look cool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts