FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got around to install my short shifter today after work. First off, this was about an hour job to install the shifter. I also bought the knob and boot with it. I didn't install the boot yet because it's going to take some modification to make it fit right to my standards. I don't want a boot on there that is going to be sloppy and have gaps to allow dirt in...so I'll pick a time to install it. For now, the stock boot stayed on.

The shift was a real easy install. I had my friend Phuong with me (he's a master at ricing, something he'll decline but I'll insist), so I had no worries had I gotten into trouble. Well, this was extremely simple. The worst part was cutting the stock shifter...I chose to cut the tab off with a cutting wheel (note, not Dremel). It still took about five minutes because I was careful not to cut the plastic. I didn't bother to take pics while I was doing it because IT WAS DAMN HOT. If anyone is familiar with Biloxi, MS heat, you'd know what I mean.

New bushings, short shifter and classic stainless steel knob (this thing is heavy). Here are the pics of the installed deal. Phuong just watched in amazement as did the install. Most of the time his finger was in his nose. :lol:

pH34r the blue skull LED

Let me just say that this shifter is AWESOME. No slop, very tight and it sounds great when you're shifting. It feels like a totally different ride and it gives the car a feel of a sports car. The height is perfect and you can adjust the height of the knob to your liking. I can still rest my elbow on the rest and shift. A definitely must mod.

·
Registered
982 Posts
How's that shifter in the heat? My B&M was stainless, and extreme temp. changes were a pain! On really hot, or really cold days I'd have to put a sock over the shifter or wear a glove! That's why I didn't get the TWM knob. I'm still in search of a nice leather wrapped one. Do you think the added weight really helps with engagment?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
swoosh, i'm sure it's going to heat up like a bitch. I'm going to have to get a crown royal bag for it :lol: Hard to say...I haven't really driven around on it enough to say if it helps engagements. I'll keep researching.

·
Registered
982 Posts
[quote author=mrc link=topic=82527.msg1541195#msg1541195 date=1183816392]
Hard to say...I haven't really driven around on it enough to say if it helps engagements. I'll keep researching.
[/quote]

The reason I ask is that's TWM's marketing for the shifter. I was happy enough with the improvements over stock in just the shortened throw and tighter feel gained from the bushings.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swoosh, well, I'd have to run it with and without the shifter to notice. I like the looks of the knob, plus it's heavy as hell.

The short shifter looks mean and the blue skull LED really accents it. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts