FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I just got my first car, the lovely ford fusion. I'm going to "camp" /sleep in it, with a "car tent extension". That means that I will need my boot open all night (and day). Could anyone direct me/help how to disconnect the boot light so it doesn't drain my battery over night/day please?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,940 Posts
Hi
I just got my first car, the lovely ford fusion. I'm going to "camp" /sleep in it, with a "car tent extension". That means that I will need my boot open all night (and day). Could anyone direct me/help how to disconnect the boot light so it doesn't drain my battery over night/day please?

Thanks
Hi Tove. The overhead console should have a button to disable/turn off the interior lights, so that they do not illuminate when the doors or boot/trunk is open.

If that does not work, then you can pull the fuse for the boot/trunk light, or pop off the fixture cover and remove the bulb. Hopefully it is a fuse dedicated to those lights alone, so you don't lose any other features. Your Owners Manual should show that.

Alternately, the "Battery Saver" feature in your Ford Fusion should turn off any interior lights after the vehicle ignition has been turned off for ~10 minutes.

You can find the fuse panel locations, which fuse controls that bulb etc., by looking in the Index of your Owners Manual under "Fuses". If you do not have the Owners Manual, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tove. The overhead console should have a button to disable/turn off the interior lights, so that they do not illuminate when the doors or boot/trunk is open.

If that does not work, then you can pull the fuse for the boot/trunk light, or pop off the fixture cover and remove the bulb. Hopefully it is a fuse dedicated to those lights alone, so you don't lose any other features. Your Owners Manual should show that.

Alternately, the "Battery Saver" feature in your Ford Fusion should turn off any interior lights after the vehicle ignition has been turned off for ~10 minutes.

You can find the fuse panel locations, which fuse controls that bulb etc., by looking in the Index of your Owners Manual under "Fuses". If you do not have the Owners Manual, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Hi,
thank you so much for your advice! I checked the manual and there seem to be no symbol for boot light specifically. So would not want to risk it with taking the fuse out.
If i just take the bulb out,would it possibly disrupt any other systems please?

·
Registered
2012 SEL 2.5
202 Posts
Taking the bulb out will not (disrupt) anything.
Think of the bulb burned out you would have to pull the bulb to change it.
By the way, the same goes for the fuse.
Say why not put an on / off switch on the trunk light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts