FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st GEN project:
So Plan is to make a sort of a DIY flashblack turnsignal bulb. I will [hopefully] be using OEM front turn signal and an auxiliary light.
There are three wires going to the turnsignal bulb. im assuming ground and 2 power. One has an oscillating current causing the bulb to grow brighter and dimmer (blinking). the parking light feature must be a steady current.

My plan is to tap into the ground and and connect the "parking light" power to the auxilliary lighting.
Then the OEM turnsignal bulb will only light up when turn signals are activated.

Anyone see a potential problem? ANYthing Im potentially overlooking?

·
Registered
24 Posts
What are you trying to use as your new turn signal? I was able to splice my sidemarkers and turn them into functioning flashers at night. Is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
420 Posts
i do what im assuming you are trying to do with all my cars, ive been using led strips and splicing them into my turn signal lights for the last 4 years. very affordable thing to do, just gotta figure how you want them to sit lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay yeah essentially what I want to to. I got inspiration from some of these newer vehicles with switch backs already installed. I want use a bar led light. Solely as a turn signal when that relay is not activated I don't want it to illuminate

1 - 4 of 4 Posts