FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible for a dealer to turn on the Daytime Running Light feature on a U.S. Fusion?
My insurance company gives a discount for DRL's.

Will dealers do this if asked?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to my dealer. Tech told me that according to Ford Hotline, only Canadian dealers are allowed to reprogram the module to turn on DRL's. He told me to drive to Windsor, or order a generic DRL kit (wire splicing!). :shock:

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Ford dealer in Lyden WA will do it for $30. Talking to the service manager he as turned them off and on for a handfull of Fusion owners so far. Interesting stuff. It seem we can never just get the straight goods from the dealer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can you provide the name or phone number of the dealer that will turn lights on? My dealer in Denver is like most clueless! If anyone has had it done and is willing to scan in the paperwork that would be great too. It is funny how car companies are about drl. I have a Toyota Sienna and my model comes with DRL the base ones do not. To enable DRL all you need to do is to add a missing fuse and the DRL works?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I'd like them on mine as well. I was wanting to do the same to my 03 Mustang when I had it, but it required an actual DRL module, or so I was told. I'll have to ask about that when I move to Dearborn next month. I just got hired on to the Ford Technical Hotline.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yes please ask I am sure a lot of people would like this done. It seems that with Canada requiring DRLs and the US not some companies are making it pretty easy to turn them on and even having them on when you buy a higher end model of the same model. On my Sienna all it takes is putting in a fuse!

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you do not have a vehicle that was build to Canadian specs. you can not turn on the DRL's in the driver pref. using the scan tool. The only way they are poss. doing that is be installing as-built data from a car that has that programing in it already. The only problem is that if the SJB is ever needed to be reprogramed to a newer level to fix a concern, you will lose the DRL function.

Some cars can have the DRL's turned on by enabling the function in the SJB, example Edge, Town Car, Navigator, but any others will need a DRL kit installed. I'v worked for Ford for over 8 years and the Hotline is correct in that a US vehicle can not be programed for it if it does not already have that option. I'v tired it on an 07 and my 08 Fusion and there is no option for DRL's in the driver preferances. I live and work at a large dealer in Western NY and with the exchange rate a lot more Canadians are buying cars in the US. Because of that, we need to enable the DRL's to be able to sell it to them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Weird I spoke to a service manager in Texas on the phone myself and he said the option was there and it was pretty simple to do?

·
Registered
833 Posts
This has been debated before with similar results. Some say yes, some no. I have yet to see anyone who says that they have had it done to their car. I had a tech hook up my 2006 Milan and he said there was no option as well. If someone else has done it and post the specifics, please do, many of us would love to have it done. Perhaps different models, like those with automatic headlights are able to do and others are not?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.