FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a 2008 Fusion SE. It is the FWD automatic i4 and I really enjoy driving the car but would like to get some more power out of my baby engine. I’m considering adding a turbocharger to the engine and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about it.

·
Administrator
6,077 Posts
I currently own a 2008 Fusion SE. It is the FWD automatic i4 and I really enjoy driving the car but would like to get some more power out of my baby engine. I’m considering adding a turbocharger to the engine and I was wondering if anyone had any advice about it.
Hi Sean and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. This is an often asked question. Unfortunately, there is no realistic way to accomplish this. There are no viable turbo kits for the Fusion and this engine, which means you would need to source all the parts yourself, then find a way to cobble together an installation, including plumbing, programming etc, etc. This rarely-to-never ends well for owners who try it.

If you want more power, the realistic solution would be to buy a first generation 3.0 V-6, or a 1.5 generation Fusion Sport 3.5L V-6. Or go newer with the 2nd generation EcoBoost Fusions.

I know that is not the answer you were hoping for, but it is better than winding up with a big 4 wheel paperweight in the garage.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Sean and welcome to the Ford Fusion Club.This is an often asked question. Unfortunately, there is no realistic way to accomplish this. There are no viable turbo kits for the Fusion and this engine, which means you would need to source all the parts yourself, then find a way to cobble together an installation, including plumbing, programming etc, etc. This raely to never ends well for owners who try it.

If you want more power, the realistic solution would be to buy a first generation 3.0 V-6, or a 1.5 generation Fusion Sport 3.5L V-6. Or go newer with the 2nd generation EcoBoost Fusions.

I know that is not the answer you were hoping for, but it is better than winding up with a big 4 wheel paperweight in the garage.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thank you very much for this! I appreciate the honesty and I trust you know what you’re talking about. I was skeptical that I could even attempt this in a car of this kind and you confirmed my suspicions.

I will keep my eye out for a v6 fusion. In fact I was considering the 2012 sport or even the newest sport if I happen to to come by the money. Also I have been looking at 9th gen civic si’s and focus st’s so hopefully the market cools off soon so I can get a good deal on one!

Ok I appreciate the response and will follow your advice to my best ability!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts