FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my head is spinning. I'm new to all this tunes and other things. Been reading about Exhausts, Tunes, TBS, CAI computer reflashes. I have the 06 I4 Blue pearl, and I tired the TB ground, which did seem to work and I have the k&n filter. 225/40/20 inch rims. And my question is, If you only had money for One which would you get? Tunes, or the Cat back. ?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
If you were only going to do one and be done with the car, I'd go exhaust. But if down the road you were planning on both, I don't think it'd really matter.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
[quote author=UnderEstimated link=topic=89219.msg1717986#msg1717986 date=1189993425]
If you were only going to do one and be done with the car, I'd go exhaust. But if down the road you were planning on both, I don't think it'd really matter.
[/quote]

I agree with underestimated. If you're going to do just one, do the exhaust. If you plan on doing both but just have the money for one right now, go with the tunes.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I say tunes. The biggest reason not just being the power gain, but then you'd be able to adjust you speedo which will help save your tranny down the road. I have the exhaust and noticed little gain, nothing compared to the tuner. Plus it leaves you open to more things like tuners.

·
Registered
57 Posts
call me stupid but how does adjusting your speedo save your tranny down the line.

i say get your resanator cut off put pipe in it's place and cut off muffler and put tip...i should have down that...probable the best way to get a hp/tq gain

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=jamhole538 link=topic=89219.msg1720139#msg1720139 date=1190075434]
call me stupid but how does adjusting your speedo save your tranny down the line.

i say get your resanator cut off put pipe in it's place and cut off muffler and put tip...i should have down that...probable the best way to get a hp/tq gain
[/quote]

The added size and weight puts additional stress on the tranny. Usually, at least from my experience, the computer will adjust the line pressure in the tranny to better compensate for the larger diameter tire, but not the extra weight. Ideally it would be best to change the axle ratio to match the bigger tires, but that's expensive, and might not even be an option for the fusion. The 225/40R20 rim and tires that hustlemarcelsi has aren't really much bigger then stock, 5.5% off(60=63.3MPH) if he had stock 16's, 4.8% off(60=62.9MPH) if he had the 17's stock, so the difference isn't huge, but enough to where him I'd still get the tunes before the exhaust, and I have both.

·
Registered
440 Posts
In all honesty, tunes are going to be your best bang for the buck mod, period. There are many parts in the stock tuning that wont even ALLOW your engine to get all the gains it should when changing exhaust/intake.

Now I make more money selling an exhaust system over a tuner, but its the tuner hands down for a first purchase

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.