FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 I4. With that said I have added the steeda CAI and TBS in addition to removing the resonator and puttting on a dynomax supertubo mufler. The car sound amazing! My wife whinds it up all the time. Now here is my question do I need a tune. Steeda writes that you dont need a tune when you add the CAI to the I4 but compounded with exhaust and the TBS should I get a tune and if so I am cluless as to my next step.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
A tune is absolutely not required for your mods. We've dealt with thousands of Focus and Fusion owners with your same engine. So we are saying this from experience. You will not have any drivablity issues or cause any problems with your mods.

If you are told a tune is required, someone is simply trying to sell you something to make $$.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT! straight in the face answer. TY:) oh say hi to steven for me hes been a big help too.

·
Registered
933 Posts
This is also why I won't even consider the "other CAI/WAI" when I'm ready to buy....

·
Registered
584 Posts
But I would. Seems a larger MAF housing coupled with the DOHC VVT cams and electronic TB makes for some impressive gains. Speaking of which, is Steeda thinking of adding a larger MAF housing to another CAI? Maybe use the stock ford MAF electronics in a new, larger housing with tune for max high-rpm performance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts