Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TSB has been uploaded as always.
http://www.fordfusionclub.com/index.php?topic=62418.0

FORD: 2006-2007 Fusion, Fusion
LINCOLN: 2006 Zephyr
2007 MKZ
MERCURY: 2006-2007 Milan, Milan

ISSUE:
Some 2006-2007 Fusion, Milan, 2006 Zephyr and 2007 MKZ vehicles may exhibit a noise concern coming from one or both front seats when occupied while driving. This may be caused by the seat track making contact with the vehicle body.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I called my dealer yesterday and my service rep about dropped a load when I said there is finally a TSB for the problem (after I brought my car in twice and was told it was fixed). He still has to get back with me about when I can take my car in for this service.

·
Registered
29 Posts
:klavergreg:

Cisco thanks for posting the TSB for the squeaky seat (when occupied). If someone could post on their experience when speaking to their dealer as far as how long of a job this is (more than a day for example) I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a feeling you might have to take it in more than once for the repair if they have to order parts. Once the parts are in and you set up an appointment I don't see why it would take longer than one day. According to the TSB it should take no more than 1.5 hours to complete the job but depending on the Tech and his workload it might take him all day to complete it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Update:

My dealer is giving me the run around about getting the parts but I will stay on the case. I'll report time in shop and results when they become available.

·
Registered
463 Posts
UPDATE:

Dealer will finally be ready for the car this coming Monday but he says he needs the car for 2 days because they need to take the car apart to see what parts to order before ordering the parts. I'm glad my ESP will cover the rental whey they are wrenching on my car.

Hopefully I will have an update on the outcome of the repair next Wednesday...

·
Registered
463 Posts
UPDATE:

Got the car back but it still squeaks. I doubt they even performed the TSB because nothing looks like it was even touched and they supposedly had the car done in 4 hours when it was supposed to take 2 days (they needed to order parts after taking it apart). I also had the TSB for wind noise done and I see no sign of work being done there either.

If the seat squeak continues to worsen I will be filing an official complaint with FMC because this car has been in 3 times for this, including once now with the TSB. :(

·
Registered
463 Posts
UPDATE:

The car squeaks worse than ever and is going back in for the 4th time now. This is the last chance for the dealer to get this right. I don't care if they have to order a new track, seat, and everything, it is time to get rid of this horrible squeak!!

My wife won't even ride in my car now because it is so loud. She only weighs 125lbs so it isn't that she is overly heavy or anything, it is just a defect in the car. What use is there in having a car that only I can ride in?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't understand the ordering parts delay umm cause there is no parts to order from what I saw on the tsb. Only thing would be if the side shield / cover is loose then you have to replace that. TSB pays tech between 1.2 and 1.5 hrs so actual time should be no more then 3 hrs at the most if it's the first time they have done the repair. In short the repairs are just greasing bunch of parts and putting foam tape over the bolts threw the floorboard. Also replace shield if it moves , aka it might squeak too !! lol just the typical ford humm what will fix this repair. They've had squeaking seats for years yet can't fix them yet. I can remember as far back as an 03 sport trak with squeaking seats... nothing new .. good luck :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I took my Fusion in today, asked for more details about the TSB. The Service Tech told me that the TSB states to cut out a piece of the frame where the seat rail is grinding up against, and put some type of dampening material in its place. (Of course they have to order it and call me back).

·
Registered
463 Posts
My dealership has done the TSB work and replaced the entire seat track mechanism. The problem has not improved at all.

I took a good look under the seat at the "floating" track and from what I can see it is a design flaw that can not be fixed by the dealership.

After 5 visits to the dealership, including a TSB and new parts, I have basically given up on fixing this problem. It is now highly unlikely my next vehicle will be a Ford. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.