1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FORD: 2006-2007 Fusion
MERCURY: 2006-2007 Milan

ISSUE:
Some 2006-2007 Fusion and Milan vehicles equipped with a 2.3L engine may experience an extended high idle (approximately 2000 RPM) on start up. Manual transmission vehicles may also experience an occasional hang-up at 2000 RPM when the clutch is pushed in when coming to a stop.

ACTION:
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=76685.msg1387760#msg1387760 date=1178393258]
FORD: 2006-2007 Fusion
MERCURY: 2006-2007 Milan

ISSUE:
Some 2006-2007 Fusion and Milan vehicles equipped with a 2.3L engine may experience an extended high idle (approximately 2000 RPM) on start up. Manual transmission vehicles may also experience an occasional hang-up at 2000 RPM when the clutch is pushed in when coming to a stop.

ACTION:
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration.

[/quote]

Yep mine is doing that. looks like a call to the dealer.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I had the previous TSB reprogram on my car and it helped a lot. This one helped even more, I'd recommend it to everyone. It takes that dead area out of the throttle where the throttle doesn't do anything. It's like they took the electronic throttle out and went back to cables! Very snappy. Upper end and such seem the same so far, haven't done any high speed tests though.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Anytime.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Has this completed on my Milan today.

So far it seems ok.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yea, it will be good to see how it changes the manual. These reflashes help the autos more I think though. Good luck, and remember to let us know how it goes :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
i love this my cars now starts up at 2k then drops instant to 1500 then in 15secs to 1000 and then i drive off

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine starts at 2000 rpm and drops right away but takes about a minute or more to go below 1000rpm and when it does the car sounds very bassy or boomy if you know what i mean. Will this tsb fix this or is it only if the idle stays at 2000rpm for a long time?

·
Registered
702 Posts
yes it will help, my car is down to about 1100 rpm in just seconds.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mechanicboy18 thank you for the response. I know i already posted this but have not gotten a response. This was my other post

I was on the highway with the cruise set at 110kph and slowed down to make a turn. I then hit the resume button and the speed built up but it wasnt shifting into the last gear, it was at 4400rpm and climbing until i shut it off then it shifted. Does anyone have this problem and will the high rpm tsb fix this? Thanks

Thank you

·
Registered
702 Posts
I've heard of problems with the cruise control and tsbs, but not like you described. Take it to the dealership and get the TSB, it will give you
the newest computer program. If you still experience that problem with the cruise control then you need to bring it to the attention of the dealership.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I notice my fusion idles around 2000rpm and slowly drops over a few minutes i noticed this more since its been cold outside. What is normal for the idle at cold start?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Depends on how long the engine has been cold, like overnight and the temperature outside. When I start my fusion it goes to about 2k rpm then quickly drops to 15-1600 rpm and keeps dropping slowly as the seconds click, it's close to 1k rpm fairly quick, haven't timed it though. The shifts seemed to improve to me too, but I've been running bob's tune for quite a while now so I'm running solely off of memory.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts