FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/43dafb42mc9a58637/bc/Fusion+TSB+PDF+Files/tsb07-06-14+(AWD+Vibration).pdf?BCUnkZGBZfh4IN7Y

FORD: 2007 Fusion
LINCOLN: 2007 MKZ
MERCURY: 2007 Milan

ISSUE:
Some 2007 Fusion, Milan and MKZ vehicles equipped with all wheel drive (AWD), may exhibit a driveline vibration while driving. The driveline vibration may be caused by the driveshaft being improperly indexed or imbalanced.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Re-index the rear driveshaft

2. If the vibration still exists at an unacceptable level, then the driveshaft should be replaced

·
Registered
1 Posts
I CAN'T FIND THE SERVICE PROCEDURE TO RE-INDEX THE DRIVESHAFT ON MY 2007 FUSION AWD. CAN YOU MAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR GIVE SOME HELP? THANKS. DON

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=nelson173 link=topic=72645.msg3549570#msg3549570 date=1266342306]
I CAN'T FIND THE SERVICE PROCEDURE TO RE-INDEX THE DRIVESHAFT ON MY 2007 FUSION AWD. CAN YOU MAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR GIVE SOME HELP? THANKS. DON
[/quote]

Hi Don. :wavey: If you Google "re-index driveshaft", you will find a wealth of information available.

For the Fusion specifically, it seems the instructions to re-index are in the Workshop Manual: "Re-index the rear driveshaft per Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 205-01. 2."

As far as what re-indexing is: From my past experience and the information I have obtained by Googling, "re-indexing" is simply removing and rotating the driveshaft a predetermined number of degrees, then reinstalling and testing to see if the problem is gone. If yes, great, if not then remove and re-index again etc.. If the problem persists, then the driveshaft would need to be replaced (or lived with).

Of course this is a simplified explanation. You probably should obtain a Workshop Manual if you plan on following through with this type of work.

Good luck. :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.