Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FORD: 2006-2007 Fusion
LINCOLN: 2006 Zephyr
2007 MKZ
MERCURY: 2006-2007 Milan

ISSUE:
Some 2006-2007 Fusion and Milan, 2006 Zephyr and 2007 MKZ vehicles built before 12/1/2006 may exhibit a customer concern which may be described as a wind noise around the B-pillar or the upper rear area of the glass on the front doors.

ACTION:
Replace the window run seal on the front door exhibiting the issue.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My car was at the dealership for this TSB work. Dealer ordered new window seals, but Ford shipped the same ones that were installed on the car. Ford also said that new details will not be available until August! :huh:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Sorry, but I have to raise the flag :bs:. I think they just don't want to reorder the correct part. Many others have had this addressed and it was fixed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was told the parts where on backorder.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was told by the service advisor that there is a freeze on ordering the parts for the pass side. They went ahead and replaced the driverside and now its worse than before. WInd noise like crazy here and no fix in sight. Weak game FORD, weak game!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don't wait until they notify you aboout the parts being in... keep on them about it. I had a Dodge dealer refuse to take care of a problem because I was out of warranty, even tho they supposedly had ordered the parts long before and well within warranty... they just never bothered to let me know they were in, despite them wanting three different ways to contact you when they place the order. Too bad for me. :x

·
Registered
71 Posts
NEW INFO AVAILABLE. Check with dealer.

The freeze on parts is over and I will be getting the TSB done next week on the passenger side, I'll post the outcome once its done.

·
Registered
307 Posts
For those that have had thier seals replaced under this TSB - is there any noticable difference in that actual physical appearance of the new seal when compared w/ the original?

Also, is this the seal that is found at the top of the door (when opened) and the same seal that can be seen against the top of the pillar when the door is shut?

·
Registered
156 Posts
[quote author=Cobra Jet link=topic=70840.msg3561396#msg3561396 date=1268160628]
For those that have had thier seals replaced under this TSB - is there any noticable difference in that actual physical appearance of the new seal when compared w/ the original?

Also, is this the seal that is found at the top of the door (when opened) and the same seal that can be seen against the top of the pillar when the door is shut?
[/quote]

Yes, there is a difference. However, if they do both sides, you'll not notice it as much. Since only my driver's side was done, it is very noticeable to me. Much thicker, and a shinier material as well.

On my car, it was the rubber seal between the window and the door frame, not from the door frame to the body as I thought it might be.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts