FordFusionClub.com banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, all my controls still work. After looking through the notes on the flash, it took them a while that they had to flash all the components again, but they got it :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
went and got a oil change saturday, while there i just made comment to the service dude... stating when i start my car it idles around 1500-2000k for like 3 min... he said no issue, thats normal, i said so you have nothing as a issue about that for fusion, he said nope..

may have to bug a different service advisor lol.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
[quote author=Mgallun link=topic=55641.msg1065552#msg1065552 date=1163465887]
went and got a oil change saturday, while there i just made comment to the service dude... stating when i start my car it idles around 1500-2000k for like 3 min... he said no issue, thats normal, i said so you have nothing as a issue about that for fusion, he said nope..

may have to bug a different service advisor lol.
[/quote]

Go back and show him the TSB. Must have found a lazy service dude.

Reactions: cmkalm

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yeah I agree lazy writer. Working with different serivice writers I can tell you, the ones that actually care are hard to find. When you find one keep him busy with regular manintenance and he'll be your best friend when it comes to warranty issues. Especially after warranty adjustments.

·
Registered
85 Posts
gosssh, i i just called them again to setup a appt, got the same dude.. "Roy"... i said i was there sat and talked to him about the idle etc.. i said i did some searching on internet and found a TSB about this, my car was made in april 06, so it may be eligible for this... he said well bring in the TSB, he cant bring up TSBs, only recalls.. i was like.. uh ok.. lol. appt next monday.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Whatever, from what I know [not alot, apparently, lol] they can view the TSB's, how else are they gonna know!? Correct me if I am wrong, but this is how I did it.

I called and said my car needed an appointment. They said why. I stated the issues that were on the TSB, and did not mention the TSB.

I took the printed out TSB with me in my back pocket when I went to the dealer. I asked them if there was a recall, or a service notice for anything like this. They said something of the following, "Well, we can look for what is called a Technical Service Bulletin, but we don't know if there is any."

I told them I was on some website that let me look, and I think that there is one. I told them I forgot what the name of it was called, but I had some paper that I printed out that seemed like what they described. I gave it to them, and the woman was like, "Oh yeah, here it is right here. Thanks, you saved us some time! We'll take care of this for you, no problem."

But, I am a Social Engineer by trade, so I know how to make people think it's their idea, even when I give them their idea. It's a wonderful thing, sometimes.

"Social Engineering -- because you can't fix stupid." That is a bumper sticker my friend has on his car, hah, it makes me laugh.

Here is a little on Social Engineering, because I am bored at work...

Basically, social engineering is the art and science of getting people to comply to your wishes. It is not a way of mind control, it will not allow you to get people to perform tasks wildly outside of their normal behaviour and it is far from foolproof.

It also involves far more than simply quick thinking and a variety of amusing accents. Social engineering can involve a lot of 'groundwork', information gathering and idle chit chat before an attempt at gaining information is ever made. Like hacking, most of the work is in the preparation, rather than the attempt itself.

That's what I did at the dealer, for example. I did some chit chat, did the groundwork to know about the problem, the symptoms, the end result I needed, and how they could do it. Line all those us, bp nice and hang out -- they'll damn near do anything for you. AND I got a rental for free!

Best of luck!

Reactions: cmkalm

·
Registered
148 Posts
Roys a moron :?, he can bring up recalls but not tsb's? hopefully Roy is brand new to the business and this is why he has no clue that all Ford dealers have access to all tsb's, recalls, ssm's and more. By punching in your Vin ol'Roy shoulda been able to tell you what you already knew, that there are tsb's on your vehicle which Roy has full access to.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Has anyone noticed better fuel mileage with the reflash?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hah, I'm having too much fun to notice. I don't think I have seen any, though, honestly.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the same problems here also, Mgallun. These douche bags around here say the same thing, that the high idle is normal. I feel like sacking them in the face. But im going to continue to bother them until they do the reprogram.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was merging into traffic yesterday and hit the throttle. Nothing.... for what seemed like a couple seconds. SCARY! The car goes in next Monday for this much needed reflash. I deem it a safety issue based on this experience. Will post up results next week.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I think you will be happy with it. I was working on a Zephyer the other day and could tell it hadn't been updated when I drove it. Big difference.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Had the reflash done at the local Ford shop. Even after I specifically told the service advisor to make sure the cruise worked afterwards, I got the car back and it did not. They claimed they had a real hard time getting the program to work and it took them two hours. :shock: They got it right the second time and he said it seemed to work better the second time. I haven't noticed a huge difference in shifting, but have noticed a) the revs are much lower on cold startup and b) when you stop and put the car in reverse - the transmission does not "clunk" anymore. It engages much smoother. Oh, I did get the car up to 90 and punch it - accelerated up to 110 no problem - so I like it. I stopped there so I wouldn't hit the limiter.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I got my reflash done yesterday and haven't driven it enough to notice a big difference. They weren't able to do my other TSB- the dash pop noise- without ordering a part. Makes me wonder what they broke trying to fix it, and now had to order a replacement. Anyway, I'll try to monitor performance and mpg and see if has changed. I'll also let you know about the dash pop once they get that fixed.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I think I get lower mileage, but I'm having more fun driving as well. Not really, but I think the mileage stayed about the same.

On my way to my job, I average 28mpg from door to door. I used to average like, 27.8 before the flash. Maybe I made a light or something. I like it, though. The reflash rocks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I had this done yesterday.... holy crap what a difference. I almost hit someone leaving the dealership yesterday because I wasn't expecting the car to respond like it did.

It was raining all day yesterday so I didnt get to see what the new tune does. Today is clear so im gunna give it a run to see what is different.

BTW, my MPG calculator went from 20.2 MPG to 19.3 MPG when i left it there... and is not like I was on the top of the tank where one hard run does that to the mileage... im in the last 1/3 of it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote author=jaydez link=topic=55641.msg1096437#msg1096437 date=1165069390]

BTW, my MPG calculator went from 20.2 MPG to 19.3 MPG when i left it there... and is not like I was on the top of the tank where one hard run does that to the mileage... im in the last 1/3 of it.
[/quote]

It's because your car sat and idled at the dealership.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Question for you CiscoFord- how do I know if they performed the PCM reflash. I had a cold start this am and it idled around 1600 for 1+ minutes. I finally hit the gas and it fell to about 900. I didn't get any paperwork showing where they did the reflash, since they didn't complete the other TSB (pop noise in dash). They had to order a part and said I would get the paperwork after they had completed both. I also checked myford.com website and it only shows the regular service- not any TSBs that were performed. Is there a way to know they did the reflash without accusing them of lying? Thanks

41 - 60 of 68 Posts