FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New TSB may address some of the concerns I've read on here.

PM me your email address if you would like the PDF file.

FORD: 2006-2007 Fusion
LINCOLN: 2006 Zephyr
MERCURY: 2006-2007 Milan

This article supersedes TSB 06-18-7 to add a production fix date.

ISSUE:
Some 2006-2007 Fusion, Milan, and 2006 Zephyr vehicles built before 9/4/2006, equipped with a 3.0L engine, and Aisin F21 automatic transmission may exhibit one (1) or more of the driveability and/or transmission symptoms listed below:

Engine Driveability:

DTC P0606
Powertrain lacks response
High idles after starting engine and lasting about 2 minutes
Intermittent hard to start
Transmission:

Shifts too early / too late / too often
Gear changes take too long to complete
Shifts rough or jerky from park
Slow downshifts
Takes too long to engage and/or hesitates while shifting from park to drive or reverse

ACTION:
Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and transmission control module (TCM) to the latest calibration

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New TSB

TSB are for technician information on common concerns. They aren't meant for the public. If you have any of those concerns then it applies to your car. If you don't then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Thanks for the update, I am experiencing a few of these symptoms, longer starting and high idle after starting lasting about 2 min.

·
Registered
476 Posts

my car is less than week old (to me) and its has the slow throttle reponse, shifts take too long (lag between shift) and it hesitates to downshift... should I call my local dealer with this TSB?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I would give it a couple of weeks. Your Fusion has control modules for Engine and Transmission. They adapt to the way you drive and the conditions that you usually drive in. Plus you don't have a throttle cable on these cars so it takes some getting used to.

·
Registered
230 Posts

[quote author=ciscoford23 link=topic=55641.msg923823#msg923823 date=1157039071]
New TSB may address some of the concerns I've read on here.

TSB
06-18-7:

ISSUE:
Some 2006 Fusion/Milan/Zephyr vehicles equipped with a 3.0L engine and Aisin F21 automatic transmission may exhibit one (1) or more of the driveability and/or transmission symptoms listed below:

Engine Driveability:

DTC P0606

High idles after starting engine and lasting about 2 minutes
[/quote]

Well now I feel vindicated!
I posted a thread in here about this problem a few weeks ago and noone believed me........

Reactions: cmkalm

·
Registered
148 Posts

Well this blows, had my 3.0 ltr in for this tsb, hard start, high idle, ect, the dam PCM will not accpet the flash, it won't reconize the vehicle serial now and my engine light won't go out. A new PCM is now ordered.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Anyone have this TSB done and noticed an improvement? I'm having some of these problems like long downshift time and lack of response. How long does this take to do? I assume they just plug into the ECU and TCU and reflash in just a few minutes?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I haven't done it on mine yet since I really haven't noticed a problem. It takes about 15 min. to actually reprogram. It depends how busy the dealer is.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I had the TSB performed over the weekend. This was the first my dealer had heard of this TSB and admitted they had never updated any Fusion computers before. I wasn't surprised when they had some problems getting the computer to accept the new calibrations, and it took them repeated attempts over an hour or so. They were about to give up and call Ford on Monday to figure out what was happening, but they got it to work on their last attempt, so I now have the latest software. The shifts seem a little firmer and it seems to hunt less when changing gears. Also, my high (1500rpm) idle that lasted 1.5 mins on a cold start up, is reduced to around 1200rpm intially and progressively drops lower to the normal sub 1000rpm, all within 30 seconds or so. Throttle response seems better as well. I'll have to make my weekly drive to work and back to make a full comparison, but so far improvements have been minor, although nothing major needed fixing anyway.

The tech at my dealer even suggested stopping in once or twice a year to make sure I have the latest software because of improvements they make that can not only give you better performance, but improved reliablity. It would be great if somehow our cars could somehow dial in to ford and keep the car's software up to date automatically ala Windows Update. I can see it now..."Ford Fusion service pack 1 has finished installing. Please restart your car to finish installation." HAHA  :lol:

·
Registered
15 Posts

Well it looks like not all is well since the update. On my way to work this morning, I tried to engage the cruise control, but I got no light or cruise. This is the first time I've tried using it since the update. Hopefully its just a blown fuse, although its more than likely related to the problems they had getting the computer to accept the programming. I'll have to check the fuses after work and make an appointment with the dealer if the fuses are ok. This is a major PITA since I've got an 800 mile trip next weekend!! Gotta have cruise control for that.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Ok heres the latest...I got my cruise control back! Apperantly they forgot to load the cruise control back into the car when they flashed it last week. The software is modular, in that they can select certain functions (traction control, cruise control, etc) and then upload them to the ECU. Thanks to Bob for helping me with this problem. So, for anyone who does this TSB, make sure you tell your tech. to load the appropriate options for your car.

·
Registered
325 Posts

It makes you wonder what the capabilities your car has that you did not pay for....

·
Registered
230 Posts

I had the download done to my car also last week.
The next day i went to use the cruise and same thing...not working.
Took it back to the dealer and they "manually" added the cruise.
High idle is much better now.....My brakes work better since the TSB was downloaded also, stops faster, better brake feel also.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Thank guys for the heads up on the cruise control reactivation. I will have to remember to do when I reprogram mine or any others.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: TSB 06-18-7 (PCM Calibration Update)Updated 10/12/06

I just dropped off my Fusion with the dealer last night. After a thourough explanation that I will notice ANYTHING that is/was done to the car that was changed from the current state of how I brought it in and to be careful with it -- I gave them the keys.

She said it would be a "few days" [I'm having the body shop look over an area they messed up afterwards] so I got a Focus rental car. What a tin can compaired to the Fusion. I used to have a Focus, and I do not recall it being as my rental is. Anyway...

She [the service advisor] looked at me wierd when I showed up on their doorstep with the TSB info in hand. She asked me what problems I was having, I gave her a brief explanation about the issues and handed her the paper. She said that the techs would have to run the car through OASIS to see if it had a problem. I asked her, "OASIS doesn't tell you the problem, correct?" She went, "Uh..well, no, kinda, not really."

I told her, "The car is experiencing problems that this TSB addresses. It should take you a matter of minutes to flash the computer through the OBD-II connector under the dash."

She said, "Well, we should have your car done tomorrow afternoon, but it still has to go to the body shop afterwards."

"Call me when YOU are done with it. That way, I can inspect it before it goes to the body shop, as well.", I said.

So, it's like, wtf. Do they try to beliddle the customer into a frenzy of mis-information? I'm gonna call 'em and maybe swing by during my lunch hour...just to stop in, you know? Like, "Hey! So, where is my car?" lol

I'll be sure to see if the cruise and ALL the features are working. Then, I'll drive on that program for a few days or so, and then get with Bob and Jusnes Modified to write me a new tune for the new computer PCM update from Ford..

I'll update this thread as soon as I get more relevant information. I hate dealers.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Re: TSB 06-18-7 (PCM Calibration Update)Updated 10/12/06

Update from a recent phone call:

I spoke with the service advisor about what the status was, and she said that the "transmission tech" was very busy, and I have about 6-7 cars ahead of mine. Transmission tech, wtf? It's a computer related issue, I thought.

She explained that they had to rip apart the trans to look at it. I promptly brought up the fact that I left some paperwork there for them [the printed out TSB from a copy/paste from this page] and they should reference the TSB in relation to the fixing of the problem.

She looked at it, and then asked ME why it would go to a tranny tech. wtf, I don't know!

She said it still has to go to him and now, it also has to visit a "drivability tech". Well, tell you what, I'm gonna go see them at lunch with my spare key and make sure I wrote down the correct mileage.

Ugh, are all the dealers like this?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts