FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending June 30, 2007. Late responses could lead to further changes, but these are unlikely to be large.

For the 2006 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln Zephyr, I have an average of 7.3 months of data on 40 cars. The stat of 41 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.4 per vehicle) is somewhat better than average for a 2006 model, and is quite good considering that these vehicles were all-new.

For the 2007 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and Lincoln MKZ, I have an average of 3.3 months of data on 26 cars. The stat of 14 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.1 per vehicle) is so low that I'd expect it to be a little higher if the sample size were larger. Though even with the current sample size it's clear that these cars have few problems.

All of the problems that were reported were minor, such as rattles and trim. Two owners reported a broken lumbar support adjuster.

In one case a transmission had to be replaced, but this was because a dealer botched a relatively minor sensor replacement.

The next update, in November, should include results based on larger sample sizes.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks. Those who aren't yet helping out, please consider doing so.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

1 - 2 of 2 Posts