FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 se with the v-6 6 speed and when i have the TC off and floor it from a stand still and the tires are spinning alot and the rpm's start to redline the transmission neatruals out and i have to let off the gas for it to catch again is this normal it only does it with the TC off and it has to be spinning the tires alot

·
Registered
178 Posts
are you letting it redline completely?

wtf u doing to ur car :p ?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of words with no punctuation. My head hurts now. Someone's gonna kill their FISSION's tranny.

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=splat8503 link=topic=81763.msg1523938#msg1523938 date=1183045249]
i have an 06 se with the v-6 6 speed and when i have the TC off and floor it from a stand still and the tires are spinning alot and the rpm's start to redline the transmission neatruals out and i have to let off the gas for it to catch again is this normal it only does it with the TC off and it has to be spinning the tires alot
[/quote]

Hey splat. :wavey: You are hitting the computer controlled "Rev Limiter" when you do that. It is to keep people from having their engines imitate a hand grenade.

The reason it does not seem to happen when you leave the "Traction Control" on, is the "Traction Control" system is not letting you spin the wheels and approach the redline as easily. In other words, it is trying to save the life of your car.

Of course, it is your car and you can do as you please, but to re-phrase Oreo's quite eloquent question: You do know that your car will not last long with that sort of abuse, right?

Anyway, good luck with your car. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Man, buy a Mustang GT if you want to burn out. The Fusion is a car to turn heads, not burn tires. But, I guess you got money to spend on damaged parts. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
[quote author=Ceace link=topic=81763.msg1524998#msg1524998 date=1183061795]
Man, buy a Mustang GT if you want to burn out. The Fusion is a car to turn heads, not burn tires. But, I guess you got money to spend on damaged parts. :)
[/quote]

Not to count on tickets because at least here in cali it's illegal to spin your tires.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The set up is weird on this car. I've sat at the light before, power braking ... just as the the light turned green, it went into neutral for a few seconds then shifted into first. I guess it did that to keep the trans from getting too hot?

·
Super Moderator
5,962 Posts
[quote author=confuciousD30 link=topic=81763.msg1627270#msg1627270 date=1186727051]
The set up is weird on this car. I've sat at the light before, power braking ... just as the the light turned green, it went into neutral for a few seconds then shifted into first. I guess it did that to keep the trans from getting too hot?
[/quote]

Hi confucious. :wavey: Yes, that "weird set up" is trying to save the life of your engine and transaxle, in spite of your best efforts to kill it. :surrender:

Again, as I and others (in various degrees of amazement) have replied to the original poster (splat8503) and you, we are all free to treat our cars as we like. However, the more you abuse your car (and redlining, power braking, etc, etc, are forms of abuse) the shorter it's lifespan will be.

You need to remember that even "Purpose Built" race cars have their engines, transmissions and suspensions rebuilt/replaced over and over again due to the abuse they take. If you treat your "street car" (which isn't built to be treated this way), like a race car, it won't last long.

:blah: Anyway, enough of the sermon. Good luck with your car! :cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
All I can say is that if you wanted a race car why the hell did you buy a fusion??? Do whatever you want with your cars I don't care but the engineers put stuff like that there to keep idiots like you (excuse me but its my opinion) from tearing up their cars. Also what is the point of burning out in your car with stock tires?? If you are trying to impress someone I doubt you did. Ok im done! Have a nice day! :klavergreg:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.