FordFusionClub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so for some time now we've all been reading about certain problems pertaining to the transmissions in our cars. More often then not when I read reviews for our platform online they all say the same thing, the cars are built solidly but the transmissions are crap.

What I ask, is that if you have had or are having transmission problems with your car post it up in here so we can try to keep a log and possibly help those who are having the same issues. I can update the OP with a tall to see how many people are having issues with exactly which transmissions, as well as the problems and solutions.

If the mods think its a stupid thread then delete it, I don't care - just thought maybe one thread might be useful.

Here is some information pertaining to them to help you decide which one you have in your car:

2006-2009 Fusion/Milan/MKZ:
5-Speed Mazda G5M Manual (I4)
5-Speed Mazda FN5R Automatic (I4)
6-Speed Aisin TF80 Automatic (V6)

2010+ Fusion/Milan/MKZ:
6-speed Mazda G6M Manual (I4)
6-speed Ford 6F35 Automatic (I4 & 3.0L V6)
6-speed Aisin TF-80 Automatic (3.5L V6)

Have you had issues with yours? Lets hear your story!

---

5-Speed Mazda G5M Manual (I4)
- Zero issues reported

5-Speed Mazda FN5R Automatic (I4)
- Zero issues reported

6-Speed Aisin TF80 Automatic (V6)
-One issue reported:
[quote author=themason link=topic=197054.msg4114778#msg4114778 date=1316467382]
Ford Fusion 06 TF-80

Problem Will not accept 4th gear lockout tuning software for dyno runs.

Dealer Solution Will not support/condone modification to software

Result Cannot get an accurate dyno run

I really need help with this :kick:[/quote]

6-speed Mazda G6M Manual (I4)
-Zero issues reported

6-speed Ford 6F35 Automatic (I4 & 3.0L V6)
-Two issues reported:
[quote author=Trainass link=topic=197054.msg4114719#msg4114719 date=1316464527]
6-speed Ford 6F35 Automatic on 2010 Fusion I4 SE

Problem Will be a hard shift in to D from R when very cold (sorry, I don't know the exact temp), and sometimes when on a slight incline.

Dealer Solution None - Never taken in. Will take it in this winter if it continues. I had no issues this summer, and none on my road trip across the country.

Result N/A[/quote]

[quote author=Mattrix link=topic=197054.msg4114714#msg4114714 date=1316464208]
6F35 transmission on a 2011 SEL 3.0 AWD

Problem: After a cold start if the temp is say below 60 the car will have problems when shifting into 3rd and 4th gear. You can feel the trans not engaging the gear and then all of a sudden it will engage and it's very violent and harsh.

Dealer Solution: PCM update

Result: So far seems good, I'll update this post if that changes.
[/quote]

6-speed Aisin TF-80 Automatic (3.5L V6)
- Zero issues reported.

·
Registered
469 Posts
6F35

6F35 transmission on a 2011 SEL 3.0 AWD

Problem: After a cold start if the temp is say below 60 the car will have problems when shifting into 3rd and 4th gear. You can feel the trans not engaging the gear and then all of a sudden it will engage and it's very violent and harsh.

Dealer Solution: PCM update

Result: So far seems good, I'll update this post if that changes.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
6-speed Ford 6F35 Automatic on 2010 Fusion I4 SE

Problem Will be a hard shift in to D from R when very cold (sorry, I don't know the exact temp), and sometimes when on a slight incline.

Dealer Solution None - Never taken in. Will take it in this winter if it continues. I had no issues this summer, and none on my road trip across the country.

Result N/A

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any news on recalls or tsb’s for these transmission issues? We have a 2016 with 64,000 miles and i was just admiring it last night, and sure enough today we started getting some hard shifts, seems to be at lower speeds.

·
Super Moderator
5,749 Posts
Any news on recalls or tsb’s for these transmission issues? We have a 2016 with 64,000 miles and i was just admiring it last night, and sure enough today we started getting some hard shifts, seems to be at lower speeds.
Hi Dgriffi. Welcome to the Ford Fusion Club. Unfortunately, participation here on the Ford Fusion Club has slowed down tremendously in the last few years, as you can see from the scarcity of recent/current posts. So it is unlikely you will be able to get much help. I'm about the only member who still seems to check in on a regular basis.

I can tell you there are no "Recalls" for the transmissions. Recalls are for safety issues and owners are notified of these by mail. An example would be the airbag recall or the ABS recall on certain first generation models.

There have been TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins) over the years. Ford issues these for various reasons, such as making Dealers aware of certain issues, giving them specific guidelines to help in diagnosing and fixing issues quickly, etc.

You can check with your local Ford Dealership to see if there are any TSB's related to the transmission in your Fusion.

And can find some websites that list Ford TSB's (to varying degrees of accuracy) by Googling "Ford Technical Service Bulletins".

You can also try joining and posting over on the Ford Fusion Forum located here: Ford Fusion Forum

There is a more active membership there.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts