FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, what are the options in Canada for buying Transmission Fluid for Aisin 6 Speed Automatic Transmissions in a 2008 Fusion, besides the following;

• Ford Motorcraft Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid XT8QAW $10.65 1L (at Ford Dealership)
  • Toyota Type T-IV $7.95 1L (at Toyota Dealership)
I cannot find locally or at any big box stores, Mobil 3309 ATF, Castrol Multi-Vehicle Import ATF, Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF, which meet the specs for the Aisin 6 Speed Transmission.

I can get Valvoline Maxlife Multi-Vehicle ATF PN 786953 $32.99 5L jug ($6.60 L) from NAPA.

Has anyone else used Valvoline Maxlife ATF in your Aisin AWF21 Transmission and ran it for 30-40 K without a problem ?

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, what are the options in Canada for buying Transmission Fluid for Aisin 6 Speed Automatic Transmissions in a 2008 Fusion, besides the following;

• Ford Motorcraft Premium Automatic Transmission Fluid XT8QAW $10.65 1L (at Ford Dealership)
I cannot find locally or at any big box stores, Mobil 3309 ATF, Castrol Multi-Vehicle Import ATF, Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF, which meet the specs for the Aisin 6 Speed Transmission.

I can get Valvoline Maxlife Multi-Vehicle ATF PN 786953 $32.99 5L jug ($6.60 L) from NAPA.

Has anyone else used Valvoline Maxlife ATF in your Aisin AWF21 Transmission and ran it for 30-40 K without a problem ?

thanks
DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT THE TOYOTA (or Ford equilavent) IN THE AISIN! Over on the Mazda side of this platform a few have tried to save a few bucks to the death of the transmission. Don't do it.

Amazon will sell you a case for under $100US and that will let you drain and refill 3x which is ideal for a service.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Got a case of Mobil 3309 shipped from The Lubricant Store here in the U. S.

·
Registered
1 Posts

thanks
The 2013-2020 Aisin FWD transmissions requires the Ford Mercon LV spec ATF; I have used the Valvoline Full Synthetic Maxlife ATF in my Aisin 6-speed (2014 SE, 1.5l EcoBoost) for some 90,000 miles now with no problems. Also my 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5l since 125,000, now hitting 300k with no tranny problems. Also a 2005 Nissan Xterra 4.0l (Granddaughter's vehicle, I wouldn't use it in this ride unless I absolutely trusted it - and so does the local Nissan mechanic, who shall remain unnamed).
Look at the front and back of the Maxlife jug, it clearly states it is suitable and recommended for use wherever the Ford Mercon LV, GM Dexron II, III & VI, Nissan/Infiniti Matic-D/J/K and S, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. etc. etc. specs are required. It is full synthetic, and everything I have researched indicates it will mix fine with non-synthetic. (Hint: I like NAPA, but you might check the gallon price at your local Wally World.....just sayin'.). You might also check out the YouTube videos on how to drain, refill and check the Fusion ATF - they work. The total capacity of the transmission is 9 qts, which includes the torque convertor - by just draining the approx 5.5 qts in the pan, you get a little more than half the capacity without doing the expensive power flush (which I distrust, but that's just me). I have been changing out the 5.5 (approx) qt. fluid in the pan, run it a 100 miles or so, then do it again a time or two (To repeat myself - check out the gallon price of the Valvoline MaxLife Full Syn at Wally World).
Be cautious holding on to the little mushroom-shaped ATF vent on the top of the motor when you remove and replace it to add new fluid, it's easy to drop - if your hands are large, get someone with smaller hands to do it. Hope this helps and Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts