FordFusionClub.com banner

Trade In?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  urnews 
#1 ·
Well unfortunately my car was rear ended again. I've owned since last June and its been in 3 accidents. (From other drivers) Well, I'm curious on what kind of trade in that I could get on it. I would love to get rid of it if it were to be a good deal. If they wouldn't pay it off then I would just keep it. What do you guys think?

#2 ·
talk about bad luck.......... sorry bro!

You might want to call your insurance company and check into "Diminution of Value" for each incident. You could get some of the lost retail value back into your pocket. I am not sure if they offer it in every state but here in Virginia they do. I recently went through the process and recieved 1500.00 for a claim that was 100% cosmetic......

#3 ·
Holy Sheet!! Stay out of Jefferson County West Virginia!!! :lol:

Just ribbin' ya.

You'll take a BIG hit on the trade in value because of the accidents, probably at least $1,500 maybe more.

Out here in Kalifornia you have to report to the DMV if you are involved in an accident that has more than $750.00 in damage, it's a good for the car buyer though.
Problem is I heard it takes months to register with the system so someone COULD sell the car right after it's repaired and the new buyer (if he did a Car Fax for instance) wouldn't know about it right away.

#4 ·
[quote author=BlackI4se link=topic=78130.msg1426479#msg1426479 date=1179747659]
Well unfortunately my car was rear ended again. I've owned since last June and its been in 3 accidents. (From other drivers) Well, I'm curious on what kind of trade in that I could get on it. I would love to get rid of it if it were to be a good deal. If they wouldn't pay it off then I would just keep it. What do you guys think?
[/quote]
I think the car is jinxed and you are very unlucky. Your best bet is to probably keep the car for a very long time in order to get a return on your investment. How much damage from the accidents? Anyone who trades in a car that is only one year old takes a tremendous hit on depreciation, whether the car has been in accidents or not.
That may not be the news you want to hear but it is a sad truth.

#6 ·
Yeah the damage is gonna kill you and of course first year depreciation on new cars is quite high. I plan on keeping mine regardless of damage for at least five years.

#7 ·
[quote author=otaku link=topic=78130.msg1435899#msg1435899 date=1180055899]
I plan on keeping mine regardless of damage for at least five years.
[/quote]
Ditto here.

#9 ·
[quote author=BlackI4se link=topic=78130.msg1426479#msg1426479 date=1179747659]
[/quote]

I feel your pain, I had a Ford Contour 99 SE and in less than a year and a half it was in four accidents, but the last one was the worse I hit a minivan infront of me going about 40 miles. :(

#10 ·
Well it was very minor damage this time. It just scuffed the bumber and bent the exhaust tips a hair.

It was again almost rear ended yestarday. !!!! These freaking people do not know how to drive. My wife was in it again and was sitting a a stop sign and she looked back and there was an suv barreling toward her she eased of the brake and went over to the shoulder and the suv locked them up and ended up where she ws sitting. I'm so glad that she looked behind her.

People are idiots. As of right now I'm not going to trade it in. I probably would lose alot on it. I'm sure I would lose my extended warranty too.

#11 ·
I just got mine back from the shop. This was my wife's second accident in my car in 3 months. The first just scraped bumper, this time they had to replace basically everything in the front end $5500. Then when I picked the car up I noticed damage on the rear bumper but have no proof the shop did it. Plus, on top of that the paint job has alot of orange peel in it. My plan was to buy after lease was up, but now after all this I'm turning it in. :(

#12 ·
[quote author=pssdmilan link=topic=78130.msg1455202#msg1455202 date=1180762054]
I just got mine back from the shop. This was my wife's second accident in my car in 3 months. The first just scraped bumper, this time they had to replace basically everything in the front end $5500. Then when I picked the car up I noticed damage on the rear bumper but have no proof the shop did it. Plus, on top of that the paint job has alot of orange peel in it. My plan was to buy after lease was up, but now after all this I'm turning it in. :(
[/quote]

I had the same thing happen to my Fusion after I had it only three months. It was parked and a work F350 with a big vice on the back peeled the hood like a can opener. The total bill was over 6K (used the dealer, insuranced paid). At any rate, I found little stuff here and there after it was fixed but each time, i took it back and MADE them repair it. Don't settle for orange peel or anything you find that isn't to your liking. You paid for a quality job and you should get a quality job. Keep going back to the body shop to fix what isn't up to standards. Believe me, I went back to the body shop five times to fix things that I kept finding...they weren't major things either. Finally, I am at the point where I am happy with the job and you can't even tell it was in an accident.

#13 ·
It is supposed to go in the shop tomorrow.

I showed my wife the Tungsten silver fusion and she is in love with it. She says that she really likes it. What is the chance that I could get them to pay off my car if I traded it in?

#14 ·
[quote author=BlackI4se link=topic=78130.msg1458630#msg1458630 date=1180955905]
It is supposed to go in the shop tomorrow.

I showed my wife the Tungsten silver fusion and she is in love with it. She says that she really likes it. What is the chance that I could get them to pay off my car if I traded it in?
[/quote]

Anything (almost) is possible, but trading at this stage of the game is going to be very expensive for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.