FordFusionClub.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thereisnospoon and I are having a spring installation day on Sunday. Anyone have the appropriate torque specifications for this installation? Don't want to over/under tighten anything and have to go back in later on to fix it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Awesome dude. Will see you Sunday. Let me know what time.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=88678.msg1706306#msg1706306 date=1189541937]
Awesome dude. Will see you Sunday. Let me know what time.
[/quote]

7:00 a.m. or anytime thereafter :)

We should be able to get both sets done, no problem.

(BTW, do you drink beer? I'm gonna pick some up, just taking requests if you got 'em.)

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88678.msg1706875#msg1706875 date=1189553571]
I saved a copy of those. They will come in handy when i go to do mine.
[/quote]

Excellent! They also provide pretty thorough instructions for the whole process.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88678.msg1706942#msg1706942 date=1189554443]
wish i was not 10 hours away i would have ordered mine and met up with you guys. May still have to do that some time. my sister lives outside of Dallas so when i go see her and her new baby next spring we may have to do a meet.
[/quote]

You have 5 day's notice, that's enough time to plan a 10 hour trip :lol:

If you do end up coming down, we'll have to plan a meet. There's quite a few DFW guys around here.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=88678.msg1706955#msg1706955 date=1189554639]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88678.msg1706942#msg1706942 date=1189554443]
wish i was not 10 hours away i would have ordered mine and met up with you guys. May still have to do that some time. my sister lives outside of Dallas so when i go see her and her new baby next spring we may have to do a meet.
[/quote]

You have 5 day's notice, that's enough time to plan a 10 hour trip :lol:

If you do end up coming down, we'll have to plan a meet. There's quite a few DFW guys around here.
[/quote]

if i remember right my sister lives in brownsville ( just move there was in houston) i think she said that was less than an hour from dallas.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88678.msg1706982#msg1706982 date=1189555074]

if i remember right my sister lives in brownsville ( just move there was in houston) i think she said that was less than an hour from dallas.
[/quote]

Must be a different town if she's around Dallas. Brownsville's the most southern point of the state (and the continental U.S.). That'd be another 10-12 hour drive from here :)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
[quote author=fatabbot link=topic=88678.msg1707073#msg1707073 date=1189556730]
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88678.msg1706982#msg1706982 date=1189555074]

[/quote]

Must be a different town if she's around Dallas. Brownsville's the most southern point of the state (and the continental U.S.). That'd be another 10-12 hour drive from here :)
[/quote]

OK just looked it up and it is Tyler. It is here in-laws that are in Brownsville and that is were she was on vacation that is why it was stuck in my head.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[quote author=slaterracing link=topic=88678.msg1707082#msg1707082 date=1189556920]

OK just looked it up and it is Tyler. It is here in-laws that are in Brownsville and that is were she was on vacation that is why it was stuck in my head.
[/quote]

Gotcha. Tyler's about 1.5 hours to the east.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
So after I do this, I need to drop the car on the ground and neutralize all the bushings? Think I saw that somewhere? My springs should be here friday.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Not to threadjack or anything, but yes, I do drink beer. Probably a hell of a lot more than I should. Just to give you a hint of some of the things I drink (opens fridge): Right now I have an assortment including Dogfish Head Midas Touch, St. Arnold Oktoberfest, Christmas Ale, and Divine Reserve #5; Sterkens Dubbel Ale, Red Tail Ale, Coal Porter from Atlantic Brewing Co, MacTarnahan's Amber Ale, Breckenridge 471 ESB, and Flying Dog Dogtoberfest Marzen Ale. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the SeaDog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale that tastes just like fresh blueberry muffins.

If you want, I could bring some beer too. My wife would really thank you seeing as though I have a rather huge surplus in the laundry room and have exceeded my 12-beer limit in the fridge that was placed upon me by my wife about 2 months ago. What are your tastes? :)

Yeah, just like this car that I keep dumping money into, beer and golf are my other two rather serious hobbies.

When it comes to mass production beers, I just don't like anything that comes from St. Louis Missouri or Golden Colorado. I'll drink Miller Lite though - not a bad little Lite Lager at all.

Oh, and if needed, we can have help. A buddy of mine has volunteered his services. Actually he owes me and I told him that I'd check with you to see if 3 pairs of hands can get it done any faster.

Guess I should say something spring-related here.....ummm......EIBACHS rule!!! Or something.......

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're more than welcome to bring your friend. We'll be limited by having one floor jack, 2 jack stands and 1 spring compressor, so we won't all have something to do all the time :)

That's quite a beer list, very nice. I have a huge specialty beer store over by me, so I'll try to find something or you can bring beer for yourself (I don't want to buy the wrong thing :lol:). You don't by chance homebrew, do you? Cause me and 3 of my buddies try to get together to brew about once a month.

If you don't homebrew, we need to schedule a time for you to come "observe" a brew day at my house and sample some of our homebrews. It's the most addictive hobby I've found. Homebrew>commercial brew.

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
[quote author=HALOREALM link=topic=88678.msg1707126#msg1707126 date=1189557836]
So after I do this, I need to drop the car on the ground and neutralize all the bushings? Think I saw that somewhere? My springs should be here friday.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's actually dropping it to the ground, but it gives a measurement from the center of the hub up to top of the wheelwell. It might be easier to keep the floor jack underneath the control arm and lift it to the proper height.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
When I was in college yes, I did homebrew - quite a bit - our favorite was always the good ol' Kolsch. Made a whole bunch of beers though - and screwed up quite a many of them too. My surname is originally Fleisscher, and made beer mostly with a dude with the surname Lehmann. Even had labels made for the Kolsch - Fleischer Lehmann Kolsch. At parties people would pick up the bottle and go "What the hell does that say? Oh well, it's good anyway!!"

I've found myself a new favorite though - MacTarnahan's Amber Ale - that stuff is GOOD! Best beer I've had west of Texas for sure. I was told to taste it and THEN try to find out where it was made. I was thinking Ireland or somewhere in England, and then saw Portland Oregon on the bottle and went WHOAH!

My second favorite is Killian's - I could drink that stuff all day long too.

But, really, barleywine beers and IPA's are the only ones that I really can't get into. Favorites for me are Lagers (Sam Adams, Miller Lite), Kolsch beers (homebrewed mostly...oh, and Shiner Kolsch is actually quite good for mass production), Irish red ales (Killian's) and ales that tend to the slightly bitter side (like MacTarnahan's).

:hijacked:

·
Registered
17,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[quote author=thereisnospoon link=topic=88678.msg1710526#msg1710526 date=1189650313]

But, really, barleywine beers and IPA's are the only ones that I really can't get into. Favorites for me are Lagers (Sam Adams, Miller Lite), Kolsch beers (homebrewed mostly...oh, and Shiner Kolsch is actually quite good for mass production), Irish red ales (Killian's) and ales that tend to the slightly bitter side (like MacTarnahan's).

:hijacked:
[/quote]

I don't mind IPA's all that much. I am a fan of most Shiner beers, besides Shiner Bock for some reason. My favorites for this time of year are all wheat beers. Nothing beats a good wheat brew after a day of yardwork :)

I'm sitting on a homebrewed batch of honey amber right now. I've tried one of them (still fairly green), but I'm impressed.

Is it still a threadjack when the OP of the thread does the threadjacking? :lol:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.